Thread: Front sight cross pin replacement?

Front sight cross pin replacement?

Getting ready to upgrade a few revolvers with fiber optic front sights.
    They all need a pin hole drilled through the new sight. Sadly, none came with a new cross pin for the installation.

So, is it good idea to re-use the original sight pins? Would adding loc-tite be helpful?
    Last edited by 314159; 10-10-2018 at 08:38 AM.

I've re-used solid pins if they weren't damaged in the removal process. Same goes for roll-pins, but they're much easier to muck-up, especially if you don't have the right punches. Pins are cheap - replace them if there's any question they won't hold.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 10-16-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Pins are cheap - replace them if there's any question they won't hold.
    And if you want small roll pins, Fastenal will sell a small quantity over the www (at least they used to...) because tiny stainless roll pins come in boxes with a ton of them. With shipping buying a few probably costs $3 each, but is not that much in the scheme of things.

Thanks for the pointer to Fastenal. I'm not cheap, I just didn't have a source for tiny tiny pins...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And if you want small roll pins, Fastenal will sell a small quantity over the www … With shipping buying a few probably costs $3 each, but is not that much in the scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Thanks for the pointer to Fastenal.
    I just did this for the first time in a while (misplaced the pin in the grip after switching to the Hogue that doesn't use it, easier to buy one than find it... ) and it looks like you can pick them up at the store for free. So if there is one nearby (most industrialized cities) you can skip the shipping. Mine had some kind of $2 charge, but I think that might have been because one of my items would have been coming from another supplier.

User Tag List