Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended Mag for Shield 9mm

Site Supporter
    Sherman, is that a Tucker holster?

Extended Mag for Shield 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Sherman, is that a Tucker holster?
    Yes it is. I’m a sucker for fine, stamped leather rigs these days. That stamping pattern is called, “Egyptian Key”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 10-10-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have two of his IWB leather holsters, which work very well. Soon I will buy one like yours shown above for carrying my old school 2 1/2 inch Model 66. It will be my field and stream companion as I stumble around my friend's ranches.
    Last edited by willie; 10-10-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Affirmative.

I run 124 gr. Speer gold dot in my carry pieces Sherm thx. to some input from a friend named Paul.

Given the issues mentioned by a few here in this thread, I’m curious what you & William are using in those Hyve +2s?
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 10-10-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    I run 124 gr. Speer gold dot in my carry pieces Sherm thx. to some input from a friend named Paul.

Given the issues mentioned by a few here in this thread, I’m curious what you & William are using in those Hyve +2s?
    I too use the 124 grain Gold Dots without issue. Might be an OAL issue with the HST’s?

CWM11B
    Another plus for Hyve. I have 2 of the + 2 for eight rounders, and one of their +1 for a seven round mag. When I carry my Shield, I load with the extended seven round magazine and carry one or both of my eight rounders. They have been 100% reliable with 147gr AE and Lawman TMJ. Same with 147gr classic Gold Dot, which is my carry load. I've also shot a variety of 115 and 124 grain ball through them with no issues. I haven't tried 147 HST.
    I bought the extensions only and installed them. Used the factory springs as per the directions. No issues. I also have two of their +3 extensions for my 1.0 M&P 9C. They have been 100% as well. I just bought a G43 off of a colleague on impulse, and I will probably get one for the flush base mag that came with it.

They are a bit pricey, however they are well made, and in the unlikely event I'll ever have to shoot anyone, or worse, have to reload in an encounter, the extra two or three rounds on board are worth it to me, as well as the increased purchase they provide for your grip.

User Tag List