Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended Mag for Shield 9mm

Extended Mag for Shield 9mm

Does anyone have experience with the following?

Magguts https://www.magguts.com/products/mag...zine-extension

https://shieldarms.com/sw-mp-shield-magazine-extension

TTi or Hyve

Just looking at options to add +2 to the 8 rounder.

Thank you.

I’ve had good luck with the Hyve. So has William Aprill (who gave me the suggestion to get them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I’ve had good luck with the Hyve. So has William Aprill (who gave me the suggestion to get them).

Thank you.

Do these use the stock spring and follower?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I bought the unit already assembled from HYVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I bought the unit already assembled from HYVE.

Sherman it *appears* from your pic. you & William went w/ the 2rd. pre-assembled mag extension, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Sherman it *appears* from your pic. you & William went w/ the 2rd. pre-assembled mag extension, correct?
    Affirmative.

Thx Sherm, nice to hear you/William are sometimes rocking a Shield, helps to counter all the wheel gun chirping I get from my old training partner (cat named Pipes) BUT no one said my BUG isn't a 442/642

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Thx Sherm, nice to hear you/William are sometimes rocking a Shield, helps to counter all the wheel gun chirping I get from my old training partner (cat named Pipes) BUT no one said my BUG isn't a 442/642
    My BUG is a 638, so I’m with you!

I like the Hyve. I bought 2 pre-assembled for my 9mm Shield (gen 1).

However they gave me problems while dropping the slide on a full mag of HST 147 grain. if I used the slide release lever to drop the slide, the tip of the bullet would hang up on the feed ramp, inducing a stoppage. If I used the "power stroke" method of releasing the slide, there were no problems. I could recreate this situation with both Hyve mags, repeatedly. Because of this, I relegated them to range use only.

A spring swap may have helped, but I sold the Shield for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I like the Hyve. I bought 2 pre-assembled for my 9mm Shield (gen 1).

However they gave me problems while dropping the slide on a full mag of HST 147 grain. if I used the slide release lever to drop the slide, the tip of the bullet would hang up on the feed ramp, inducing a stoppage. If I used the "power stroke" method of releasing the slide, there were no problems. I could recreate this situation with both Hyve mags, repeatedly. Because of this, I relegated them to range use only.

A spring swap may have helped, but I sold the Shield for other reasons.
    This has been my experience as well with the Hyve extensions and the 147 grain HSTs, though for me it would sometimes happen after the first or second round was fired. I replaced the springs with Wolff +5% power springs and haven't had an issue since, but I haven't run a ton of HSTs through them other than a hundred rounds or so for function testing after the spring swap.

User Tag List