Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Combat 9mm Commander

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

The only thing I would like to add would be the new WC Ameriglo hi-viz night sight. It wasn’t an option when I ordered my gun, and it was too late to change my order when they announced it.
    Having owned many Wilson’s, changing out the front sight is fairly easy to do on your own. I typically run Dawson fronts on my range guns

Beautiful blaster you got there. A WC lightweight 9mm commander is my next 1911.

Looks like the ball cuts line up too!
    It’s always frustrated me that their ball cuts don’t line up 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to have helped and really glad you got a winner! It’s a beauty for sure!
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Looks like the ball cuts line up too!
    It’s always frustrated me that their ball cuts don’t line up 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They’re close, but not right on. Which I was pretty much expecting.

I understand why they aren’t usually lined up on Wilsons, but I think they should change the production process/order so they’d line up all the time.

Very nice! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    They’re close, but not right on. Which I was pretty much expecting.

I understand why they aren’t usually lined up on Wilsons, but I think they should change the production process/order so they’d line up all the time.

OK, I've been repressing this question for a couple years, ever since another shooter on FB crooned over the ball cuts on one of my pistols. This repression could affect my health so I'll ask it here.

What the heck are the ball cuts? Where in your amazing pics can I see them?
    Last edited by JHC; 10-10-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    OK, I've been repressing this question for a couple years, ever since another shooter on FB crooned over the ball cuts on one of my pistols. This repression could affect my health so I'll ask it here.

What the heck are the ball cuts? Where in your amazing pics can I see them?
    The ball cuts are the cuts at the end of the slide above the dust cover. Note the difference compared to the standard slide contour there. Ball cuts hearken back to JMB's early designs.

Nice pistol!

just curious did they ever figure out why the other gun was not feeding with hollow points?
    Last edited by EVP; 10-10-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Nice pistol!

just curious did they ever figure out why the other gun was not feeding with hollow points?
    The feed ramp and chamber were out of spec. The first time it went back, I think all they did was tune the extractor.

Here is a pic of the old gun when shooting hollowpoints:

That is one beautiful gun. Congratulations.

I like the blank slide. Nice pistol.

User Tag List