Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me spend my GSSF coupon

Help me spend my GSSF coupon

I have a coupon from this past year and can't decide what to spend it on. The leading candidates are a 19.5 MOS or a 26.5. I thought about picking up a large caliber (e.g. G20) just for the heck of it, but a coworker has a 20.2 he's willing to sell me so I don't need to worry about that.

Wife spent her free pistol certificate on a 34.5MOS already so that box is checked.

I know someone is going to suggest a 43X or 48; that's what my wife plans to do with hers and I don't see a need for two of them right now. I already have a "regular" G43 and I'm quite happy with it. I also have no interest in a 19X or 45 as I have a 17.4 already.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

I'd get a Gen5 G17; use one for training and competition primarily and the other for carry.

Best, Jon

G45 \= G17.4
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I'm carrying a 19.4 right now. I lniw a 45 and 17.4 aren't the same but I don't need the extra grip length.
    What I should have said is I have no interest in a "crossover" model.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

19.5 MOS then.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'd get a Gen5 G17; use one for training and competition primarily and the other for carry. Best, Jon
    This has been a beneficial paradigm for me. My primary carry gun, always clean, always loaded, and ready to head out the door, my absolutely 100% identical practice/game/recreational gun, rarely cleaned (and I don't care), but always ready for the day and time a range trip opportunity presents itself.

I'm in a similar situation as you and I'm currently leaning toward the 19.5 MOS. I was one of the people who hated the cut out on the early 19.5 so I decided to wait, now I'm looking at the MOS only because the they filled that cut out. It will be quite a while before I put an optic on it (if ever), and I really like the bold sights, but I have a feeling that overhanging rear sight won't help my OCD. Therefore, the MOS really doesn't seem that appealing, but it's the closest thing I can currently pick up to what I want. Part of me says to just get the 26.5 but my 26.4 works pretty well for me...

[Sarcasm]Trade the coupons, buy 1911s[/sarcasm]

19.5 or 17.5 would be my vote. Assuming you already have a G43 or G42.

Site Supporter
    I didn’t see a G26 on the list of what you already own, so that is my suggestion. It is only a little thicker than the 43 and provides 4 more rounds of capacity. It is small enough to hide in most temperatures and dress codes, and big enough that you are unlikely to wish for something bigger if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    26.5 is the way to go. What he said above.
    Last edited by steve; 01-30-2019 at 02:36 PM.

User Tag List