Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Combat 9mm Commander

New Wilson Combat 9mm Commander

Picked this up over the weekend after ordering it in early April. Here's how I spec'd it out:

- 9mm
    - aluminum frame
    - flush cut/reverse crown barrel
    - ball cuts
    - serrated top of slide
    - tritium front sight, square-notch rear
    - wide thumb safety
    - naked slide
    - round-butt magwell
    - 3-hole trigger

I'm really happy with it. I had a similar gun in the past, but it had to go back to Wilson twice before it would feed hollow points. No such problems with this one. I was able to get it to the range today and really enjoyed it. I put 200 rounds of 124 grain FMJ through it, per their break-in instructions, then 100 rounds of 135 Critical Duty. The slide wasn't sluggish at all (like some of my other 9mm 1911's) and the ejection was right on. I'm probably going to start carrying this one on-duty, after abandoning the 1911 for a couple years for the Glock 19.

That’s a fantastic piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Gorgeous.
    #RESIST

That is one badass pistol.

Fantastic choices, all around. Glad to hear this one is running as it should.

I've sidelined my Wilson for a 43 until my new JM Claw 2.0 arrives for the Commander, but I'm looking forward to going back.

I'll be in my bunk.

I was a bit surprised to hear about your last WC being such a hassle. Also a bit surprised that a "naked slide" includes a WC logo on it. Sort of seems like the opposite of being a naked slide.

That being said, I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'll be in my bunk.

I was a bit surprised to hear about your last WC being such a hassle. Also a bit surprised that a "naked slide" includes a WC logo on it. Sort of seems like the opposite of being a naked slide.

That being said, I want one.
    I was surprised/disappointed with my last one as well. WC customer service was great, but I shouldn’t have had to send it back twice.

Also, I asked them to leave the logo on the slide. I just had them leave the text off. There’s something to be said for being able to order a pistol exactly how you want it.

The only thing I would like to add would be the new WC Ameriglo hi-viz night sight. It wasn’t an option when I ordered my gun, and it was too late to change my order when they announced it.
    Last edited by TC215; 10-09-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Would they be able to put those sights on if you sent the slide in? Or is the slide cut really differently for those sights?

I'm also curious what convinced you to roll the dice on getting another one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Would they be able to put those sights on if you sent the slide in? Or is the slide cut really differently for those sights?

I'm also curious what convinced you to roll the dice on getting another one of these?
    Yeah, I could send it in, but I’ll probably just end up ordering one and fitting it myself. Wilson uses a proprietary front sight cut, so the new Ameriglo sight was a very welcome addition for a lot of people.

As to why I got another...I partly blame @StraitR and @Paladin, because I’ve always liked looking at the photos of their Wilsons. I also really wanted to love my last one, but even after Wilson got it running, there was just something in my head that wouldn’t let me totally trust it. I figured the chances of me having issues out of another one was pretty slim.

Site Supporter
    Congrats on a fantastic pistol.

User Tag List