Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Combat 9mm Commander

Man they make the most beautiful guns. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The feed ramp and chamber were out of spec. The first time it went back, I think all they did was tune the extractor.

Here is a pic of the old gun when shooting hollowpoints:

Of my 3 wilson 9mm’s, only one ran 100% out of the box and it’s a Supergrade.

It’s been several years since I purchased one, it seems that they have them dialed in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    The ball cuts are the cuts at the end of the slide above the dust cover. Note the difference compared to the standard slide contour there. Ball cuts hearken back to JMB's early designs.
    The difference being that real Browning/Colts made no effort to align the ball cut with the dust cover.
    A modern cosmetic fad.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The difference being that real Browning/Colts made no effort to align the ball cut with the dust cover.
    A modern cosmetic fad.
    It’s a little different when you pay for the upgrade, and every other semi custom manufacturer is able to get them to line up.

Except that informed shopping would let you know that not all (any?) Wilson ball cuts are perfectly aligned.
    If this is a major factor in selection then perhaps it would be better to buy Something Else.
    Me?
    I used to think ball cuts were kewl, but I have gotten over it.

Except that informed shopping would let you know that not all (any?) Wilson ball cuts are perfectly aligned.
    If this is a major factor in selection then perhaps it would be better to buy Something Else.
    Me?
    I used to think ball cuts were kewl, but I have gotten over it.
    That’s true about Wilson’s. I was commenting on the fact that a 3k+ pistol is milled pre frame to slide fit. These days a plain CQB with a magwell is my go to, actually carrying one right now. When it needs to be refinished I’ll add ball cuts.

When I read "Combat" I was thinking steel frame.

Yeah, $3000 just doesn't go as far as it used to.

My preferences are for a rather plain gun and I would not pay extra for ball cuts no matter how well aligned. Nor a lot of other popular styling options. But I realize others have different tastes and the manufacturers are doing very well off of it.

Yeah, $3000 just doesn't go as far as it used to.

My preferences are for a rather plain gun and I would not pay extra for ball cuts no matter how well aligned. Nor a lot of other popular styling options. But I realize others have different tastes and the manufacturers are doing very well off of it.
    The fact that they don't align doesn't bother me too much, and I knew what I would be getting from Wilson when I chose the option.

However, if Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Springfield Custom Shop, and everyone else can get them right, Wilson should be able to do it too. A purely cosmetic option should look right.

Name:  IMG_0651.JPG
Views: 645
Size:  44.9 KB

I kind of like this style.

User Tag List