Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I think I'll put another one of these right here;

Attachment 31266

A WML, 2-point sling and a Velcro sidesaddle to complete it.
    Well...you can print out a picture and shine your flashlights on it, that should be CT legal.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well...you can print out a picture and shine your flashlights on it, that should be CT legal.
    Well, the Tac14 is legal here... Such a firearm is terribly tempting for no good reason and this new one isn’t helping the situation!

Since it has a vent rib, my first thought is to top it with an Aimpoint S1.

Aimpoint S1, some sort of brace (please, someone, make a non-pistolgrip brace..), side saddle, white light.

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    Well, the Tac14 is legal here...
    ...and since my ARs will be a casualty of the move, the V3 Tac-13 seems a reasonable consolation prize. Plus, it can travel with me to NY where an AR can not.

Slinging the Tac-13

Something I discovered shooting the AR pistol is the use of a 2-point sling for a more stable hold. Shooting right-handed, the sling goes over my right shoulder from the rear attachment point, wraps around my back and passes under my left arm to connect to the front connection point on the handguard. The sling length is adjusted so that when tension is placed on it by pushing the AR forward with both hands (by both the grip and handguard), it is held in perfect position in front of me. I quickly discovered that for me, this is by far the best way to shoot the AR pistol without using my shoulder: pushing it forward and holding tension on the sling really stabilizes it. Additionally, the 2-point sling makes for convenient carry.

Though I have not seen anyone shoot a Tac-14 or Shockwave this way, it seems that it might work really well with the Tac-13 due to not having the operate the slide and being able to hold constant tension against the sling, just like the AR pistol. On the Tac-13, a QD cup can be installed on the clamp and another installed in the grip as I did with my 1187P shown below;

I would have to think that between a sling used this way and the hand strap provided on the Tac-13, it should be quite controllable in a string of rapid fire. Add a WML and a Velcro side saddle and she'll really be bitchin'.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Since it has a vent rib, my first thought is to top it with an Aimpoint S1.
    Oh shit yeah - excellent suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    ...and since my ARs will be a casualty of the move, the V3 Tac-13 seems a reasonable consolation prize. Plus, it can travel with me to NY where an AR can not.

Slinging the Tac-13

Something I discovered shooting the AR pistol is the use of a 2-point sling for a more stable hold. Shooting right-handed, the sling goes over my right shoulder from the rear attachment point, wraps around my back and passes under my left arm to connect to the front connection point on the handguard. The sling length is adjusted so that when tension is placed on it by pushing the AR forward with both hands (by both the grip and handguard), it is held in perfect position in front of me. I quickly discovered that for me, this is by far the best way to shoot the AR pistol without using my shoulder: pushing it forward and holding tension on the sling really stabilizes it. Additionally, the 2-point sling makes for convenient carry.

Though I have not seen anyone shoot a Tac-14 or Shockwave this way, it seems that it might work really well with the Tac-13 due to not having the operate the slide and being able to hold constant tension against the sling, just like the AR pistol. On the Tac-13, a QD cup can be installed on the clamp and another installed in the grip as I did with my 1187P shown below;

I would have to think that between a sling used this way and the hand strap provided on the Tac-13, it should be quite controllable in a string of rapid fire. Add a WML and a Velcro side saddle and she'll really be bitchin'.
    Like you said, operating a pump trying to maintain sling pressure might be a bit tricky but I don't see why it couldn't help the semi.

I'm in.

I am so in as well.

Now I guess it's a matter of waiting until they're available. I'd buy one right now if I could.

3 position mag cut off? Can someone explain how that works?

User Tag List