Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I mean one major advantage of an AR inside a house (besides capacity) is that it's shorter and easier to manage inside, than your typical pump shotgun. For instance, I am WAY too short to single-point sling a standard 18" shotgun (or hell, even a 16" AR). But it's no problem with a Shockwave/Tac-14.

I am leaning, heavily, towards getting one of the detachable mag Tac-14s. The advantage of being able to rapidly load/unload the Tac-14 solves some of the potential legal issues when transporting. Plus the 6-round mags are ~35 bucks a piece (unlike the Mossberg mags, which are $100 each). But the semi-auto vent-rib gun is extremely tempting. If it runs on low-recoil buck and is decently accurate with slugs, it'll be hard to pass up as a compact apartment/vehicle/hotel weapon. Especially, when someone comes out with a folding brace stock for it.

I may still grab a Tac-14DM with the folding brace for now and wait on the V3. Though I want a Tac-14 hardwood too...
    Have you played with one with detachable magazines? The one I handled a few days ago was quick to awkward to insert the magazine on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I like the simplicity and reliability of the good old tubular mag. Not the most convenient to empty, but a minor grievance IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have you played with one with detachable magazines? The one I handled a few days ago was quick to awkward to insert the magazine on.
    Not yet, actually. I had heard/read it's awkward, but watching videos, it seems like an AK "rock the mag" in place approach works? Any opinions on that? I imagine it's all but impossible to insert a fully loaded mag with the bolt forward too.

I guess you kind of choose your downsides on this one. At least for me, my most common road trips, have me traveling through places where 'long guns' (which the Tac14 isn't but I'm not explaining that to an Illinois State Trooper) must be unloaded. Which places tube-fed guns at a real disadvantage for rapid loading and use. In years past, I've simply left the bolt back and port loaded pump guns to get into action quick (which I also imagine is still faster than rocking one of these magazines into place). I suppose if it's hard to get the mag in, in a hurry, then that'll be a non-starter too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have these sights on a Benelli or two and think they would be great on this new blaster.

https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx...93618&CAT=8271
    Messed around with a Versamax Competition that had those sights. Awesome for three gun . . . a little tricky for shooting at small orange flying things.

Honestly, when I first saw the Tac-13, I thought about a P&S Shotgun modcast where Fisher mentioned one of his shotguns had Trijicon HDs milled into the vent rib. I don't know why I thought about that for this shotgun, but it popped into my head as something to experiment with for this gun. I think this is a photo of said setup:
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

My wife’s 20 gauge Benelli has an HD front sight milled into her rib with a custom rear that matches.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Not yet, actually. I had heard/read it's awkward, but watching videos, it seems like an AK "rock the mag" in place approach works? Any opinions on that? I imagine it's all but impossible to insert a fully loaded mag with the bolt forward too.

I guess you kind of choose your downsides on this one. At least for me, my most common road trips, have me traveling through places where 'long guns' (which the Tac14 isn't but I'm not explaining that to an Illinois State Trooper) must be unloaded. Which places tube-fed guns at a real disadvantage for rapid loading and use. In years past, I've simply left the bolt back and port loaded pump guns to get into action quick (which I also imagine is still faster than rocking one of these magazines into place). I suppose if it's hard to get the mag in, in a hurry, then that'll be a non-starter too.
    There's this magnificent sumbish that's basically a TAC-14 style Saiga-12:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/spets-12

Most accounts seem to indicate there's a break-in period not unlike the S12, but runs great on hotter 00 buck and #1.
    I've got enough of an advanced case that I'd likely buy the SPETS-12 and this V3 Tac-13 once I can financially swing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    There's this magnificent sumbish that's basically a TAC-14 style Saiga-12:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/spets-12

Most accounts seem to indicate there's a break-in period not unlike the S12, but runs great on hotter 00 buck and #1.
    I've got enough of an advanced case that I'd likely buy the SPETS-12 and this V3 Tac-13 once I can financially swing it.
    That’s...fucking hot. I NEED one of those.

This is the HD front sight set up on my Benelli.

Name:  974062F5-1789-47A8-A288-97602F495C37.jpg
Views: 2158
Size:  56.4 KB

Name:  F363069B-5870-4962-A766-ED7FBF235E07.jpg
Views: 2099
Size:  77.1 KB

I think I'll put another one of these right here;

Name:  83392_V3_Tac-13_right_Remington.jpg
Views: 1937
Size:  15.9 KB

A WML, 2-point sling and a Velcro sidesaddle to complete it.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 10-13-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Better talk to @Sherman A. House DDS about that. I think he posted in the other SBS thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Since it has a vent rib my first inclination is to use a FO front sight as on my 11-87 below, but that XS set looks really good.

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List