Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    On the one hand it's dating girls from the trailer park stupid.

On the other, it's a semiautomatic backpack 12 gauge. Which is stupid, but it's like really really hot trailerpark girl stupid.
    FWIW, I'm gonna have to borrow that one for describing my questionable decisions in procuring firearms and automotive projects (with proper credit, of course).
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I happen to be working on a Browning Auto-5 version of this as we speak. Just waiting on the From 1 to be approved.
    Works great...my has yet to jam.....

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post677453

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    It is, in all but the strict legal definition.
    Words have meaning.

The rest of my statement stands, no matter what you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Or like a guy who's never dated the really hot trailer park girl, 'cause she's got a charm all her own.

Eagerly awaiting the holster thread for this thing.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 10-11-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Eagerly awaiting the holster thread for this thing.
    For the shotgun or the really really hot trailer park girl?

Chris

I have these sights on a Benelli or two and think they would be great on this new blaster.

https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx...93618&CAT=8271
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have these sights on a Benelli or two and think they would be great on this new blaster.

https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx...93618&CAT=8271
    Sold!

Since it has a vent rib my first inclination is to use a FO front sight as on my 11-87 below, but that XS set looks really good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    ...they are a handful but they can be surprisingly usable.
    I doubted that they'd be useful, but I bought a hardwood TAC-14 anyway because:reasons.

My first range trip was enough to convince me that it wasn't just fun as hell, it would be really effective in a building/vehicle defense role. It shoots well from the hip and it's not too difficult to manage at all with standard or low-recoil 2.75" 12ga. Using a hold similar to the ones you used in your videos posted in the TAC-14 thread, holding my support arm out as straight as possible and using it to also absorb recoil, it really wasn't bad at all and getting a sight picture off the bead wasn't too hard either.

One of these V3 TAC-13's with those XS sights that GJM posted would be a heck of a setup for 0-50M - assuming they run well, of course.

If Beretta makes a 1301 like this with factory rifle sights, oof, that'd be a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    My first range trip was enough to convince me that it wasn't just fun as hell, it would be really effective in a building/vehicle defense role.
    I mean one major advantage of an AR inside a house (besides capacity) is that it's shorter and easier to manage inside, than your typical pump shotgun. For instance, I am WAY too short to single-point sling a standard 18" shotgun (or hell, even a 16" AR). But it's no problem with a Shockwave/Tac-14.

I am leaning, heavily, towards getting one of the detachable mag Tac-14s. The advantage of being able to rapidly load/unload the Tac-14 solves some of the potential legal issues when transporting. Plus the 6-round mags are ~35 bucks a piece (unlike the Mossberg mags, which are $100 each). But the semi-auto vent-rib gun is extremely tempting. If it runs on low-recoil buck and is decently accurate with slugs, it'll be hard to pass up as a compact apartment/vehicle/hotel weapon. Especially, when someone comes out with a folding brace stock for it.

I may still grab a Tac-14DM with the folding brace for now and wait on the V3. Though I want a Tac-14 hardwood too...
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-12-2018 at 02:17 PM.

User Tag List