Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John91 View Post
    I saw a similar product from a company called black aces tactical it’s a semi auto for $449. Here is a link to some info if anyone is interested.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/10/15...edium=facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did anyone try the Black Aces Tactical one?
    --Jason--

Necro thread, during the pandemic and Remington bankruptcy these Tac13's disappeared completely except for used, or old inventory items people wanted silly scalper prices for.

Now they are back on the market again and available, I am seeing GB prices as low as $1K which considering inflation since 2018 is not so crazy.

What was the consensus of those who actually bought and ran these things? Do they run? Well balanced for what it is? As easy as the Shockwave stocked 870's to shoot?

And yes I know about all the various Turkish variants, "firearms" that are still under $600, but I have no interest in those.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Dagga boy seemed to like them. I would take his word as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Necro thread, during the pandemic and Remington bankruptcy these Tac13's disappeared completely except for used, or old inventory items people wanted silly scalper prices for.

Now they are back on the market again and available, I am seeing GB prices as low as $1K which considering inflation since 2018 is not so crazy.

What was the consensus of those who actually bought and ran these things? Do they run? Well balanced for what it is? As easy as the Shockwave stocked 870's to shoot?

And yes I know about all the various Turkish variants, "firearms" that are still under $600, but I have no interest in those.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Dagga boy seemed to like them. I would take his word as gospel.
    Have a Tac-14 but may replace it w/ a 13, recall where you saw DB opining on them?

…..l

Site Supporter
    His facebook and maybe a primary and secondary podcast...

**EDIT** Also see post 132 in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Have a Tac-14 but may replace it w/ a 13, recall where you saw DB opining on them?
    Last edited by rathos; 08-17-2023 at 11:48 PM.

There was video of DB running said weapon. I think it was at his and WD’s training facility. Not sure.

DB could lay the hate with that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    There was video of DB running said weapon. I think it was at his and WD’s training facility. Not sure.

DB could lay the hate with that thing.
    Correct, taken many classes there since 2014 as Carrolton PD owns the facility IIRC.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    What was the consensus of those who actually bought and ran these things?
    I have not bought one, but I have run one.

It is a radically different experience than using the normal pump-action Shockwave guns. My shooting with one was limited, but it was much easier to run effectively and didn't load as much recoil into your wrist and elbow as the pump gun. The semi-automatic function really seems to make the gun much friendlier in the recoil and volume use department. Just as an example, I ran essentially the first half of an El Pres and I wasn't a whole lot slower with the Tac-13 than I was with a stocked 1301.

I've thought about buying one and setting it up with an optic ever since. The reason I haven't is because:

Do they run?
    That seems to be hit or miss just like the full-sized shotgun they are based on. Some report theirs works great. Some report it worked great for a while and then developed problems. Some have never had it work well for them.

I don't think there are a lot of them out there getting used on a serious basis so it's hard to tell.

A grand or so won't make a big difference in my lifestyle, but I haven't to run one bad enough to gamble that much money on it. After all, that used to be 1301 money. And now it's A300UP money. And both of those guns are eminently more practical for my use.

Well balanced for what it is? As easy as the Shockwave stocked 870's to shoot?
    Considerably better than a pump action not-a-shotgun to shoot, in my limited experience behind one.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter

Got one

I strolled into a local gun store looking for a .357 lever gun and saw one of these on the wall for less than I have seen them online. Decided to pick it up along with the lever gun. Hopefully I can get to a range where I can give it a whirl (my local range doesn't allow shotguns). I will say the vent rib puts the front bead in a much better place than the shockwave or the tac-14 sits.

User Tag List