Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Another yahoo demonstrating the Tac-13 ("not a lot of recurl...");

That guy looks scared of the gun

The one useful aspect of the video is that it demonstrates the Tac-13 cycles reliably when held loosely and not shouldered. Both of my 11-87s need to be shouldered to cycle reliably with LE132 00 9-pellet.

The ergonomics of these firearms are obviously a major challenge compared to shotguns with a stock, but I remain convinced that with good technique and some time spent mastering it, they can be mighty effective as a serious PDW. I found this video demonstrating the use of a "recoil strap" on the grip a Shockwave, which seems like a viable means to maintain a consistent grip and better control recoil;

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    He basically advocates a carbine-type hold for the gun and has some recoil management issues with the locked support arm.

I'd advocate a good-old fashioned "push-pull" -

In a push pull, the stock makes minimal contact with the shoulder anyway. Using a Shockwave/Tac-1X push forward with the strap fairly tight (using the strap as a handstop) with the support hand firmly wrapped around the foreend. Pull back with the firing hand against the grip. I believe that's basically the way @03RN is running his Shockwave and recoil seems just fine. I would just play with push-pull until I got the index consistent and run it.

FWIW, I'm also not an advocate for a locked support arm, because I often use a load-two strong hand reload, which requires that the support hand/arm be pretty mobile and able to hold the shotgun up and re-index quickly. A locked elbow isn't as conducive to this (puts the gun and action further away).
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-27-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I wouldn't want a locked elbow when using a shotgun...especially a shockwave...because it's going to load all that force directly into that joint. I have enough problems with my elbows as it is.
    3/15/2016

Watching that dude with the Shockwave makes my elbow really hurt. In his passionate argument for low recoil slugs, as having better penetration, he seems to have never heard of Brenneke. Finally, anyone told him we don’t shoot slugs at close steel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Having run some rounds through a lot of Shockwaves/Tac14’s/insert name here... with push/pull... they are true pussycats. My 329PD and 69 are 100x more violent to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having never fired a Shockwave or Tac-14, I appreciate the insight. Push-pull will obviously be mandatory, though without shoulder contact I'm thinking it will be more like pushing forward with the support arm and anchoring with the firing arm. Maybe just semantics, but I have to think there might be a slight difference in the technique without the benefit of shoulder contact.

I dunno...it doesn't seem that complicated, nor something to be so afraid of. The V3 will lilely have a manual of arms just like the Tac-14, except the left hand won't need to operate the action. Hopefully it is a reliable weapon.

Last edited by Gabe Suarez; 11-01-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    Hopefully it is a reliable weapon.
    Gabe, I look forward to your review/impressions of the Tac-13.

User Tag List