Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    More so than the 870 version you think? I could see the risk higher. That Tomasie vid doe.
    The fact that it feeds itself does make it a more risky weapon. If someone isn't in solid control of the gun it can absolutely go runaway on them...and given how many times I've seen someone's off hand come clean off the gun on a normally stocked shotgun I can see the same thing happening with disastrous consequences on the semi-auto version of this thing.

That strap on the handguard is not optional.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I get the impression here the Versa Max has a decent reputation. Do you think so? I'm pretty out of date on the shotties.
    Input on them seems mixed. They seem to have a better track record than the Mossberg 930 (I've had exactly one 930 that works properly in class) but I've still seen plenty of reliable reports of issues with guns that would make me choose something else.
    3/15/2016

It's been a couple of pages since someone mentioned that this needs to be done to a Browning A5 or Remington 11.
    So, this needs to be done to a Browning A5 or Remington 11.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's been a couple of pages since someone mentioned that this needs to be done to a Browning A5 or Remington 11.
    So, this needs to be done to a Browning A5 or Remington 11.
    I'm fuzzy on the regs, would that be manufacturing a Short-Barreled Shotgun, or an Any Other Weapon? Or a Destructive Device?

Or is that one of the things that depends on which ATFE rep you get, on which day of the week?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I'm fuzzy on the regs, would that be manufacturing a Short-Barreled Shotgun, or an Any Other Weapon? Or a Destructive Device?

Or is that one of the things that depends on which ATFE rep you get, on which day of the week?
    I think he means that a manufacturer needs to make them new. If it's on a virgin receiver it can be done legally. If it's ever had a stock attached then it's a shotgun and can't have less than an 18" barrel without a stamp. So I can't buy a model 11 at a pawn shop and do this without paperwork. But if Remington were to crank out new model 11's and make "firearms" in the same style as the tac-13 that would be OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I think sarco had some virgin A5 or M11 receivers up for sale recently.

I believe they need a spring in the buttstock to work though. So it can only get whippet short which can be done legally now.

I wonder if these receivers are compatible with 870 furniture. This gun + tax stamp + Magpul SGA = a pretty sweet SBS setup.....provided it runs.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I wonder if these receivers are compatible with 870 furniture. This gun + tax stamp + Magpul SGA = a pretty sweet SBS setup.....provided it runs.
    Hmmmm...... another Aridus Industries adapter, anyone?
    Last edited by Lon; 10-23-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Edit: Nevermind. I just woke up.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 10-23-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    That strap on the handguard is not optional.
    Agreed. No doubt there's some new skills required to operate something like this safely and effectively, but I still think the potential is worth the time and effort to master it.

Hand straps and a sling: you don't hold a Tac-13, you wear it.

User Tag List