Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    How so, in what way?

I'm personally not seeing the attraction to these for anything other than novelty. Pistol-gripped shotguns have largely been abandoned for professional use on any task other than breaching guns....

….with the exception of the Federal Bureau of Prisons...….

….which says it all.
    It's usable as a compact, light, powerful gun that I can get accurate hits out farther than a handgun.
    It's easy to carry.
    Name:  KIMG0883.jpg
Views: 1831
Size:  62.9 KB
    And fun to shoot
    Last edited by 03RN; 10-17-2018 at 09:34 AM.

That was freakin' awesome, RN!

I've shot a friend's Tac-14, I feel I need a Tac-13 to give the world equilibrium.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 10-17-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Crimson Trace just announced a laser sight for the Mossberg shockwave that mounts to the side of the receiver.

Interesting things may be coming for this thing, too...
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Crimson Trace just announced a laser sight for the Mossberg shockwave that mounts to the side of the receiver.

Interesting things may be coming for this thing, too...
    A sling and WML are the two additions I plan to make. The Tac-13 is already set up to take a 2-point sling on the left side, but the light is a bit of a challenge. Using the factory Nordic clamp with the rail on the right side, here is what I'm currently looking to do;

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.co...bodyguard-head

https://www.vltor.com/shop/ar/mounts/sm-ei-scout-mount/ (1-inch version fits the Malkoff MDC head)

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/pro...il.php?pid=397 (remove clip)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Surefire-Sc...u9Uj:rk:3:pf:0

The 1-inch Vltor mount fits the Malkoff head, keeping the bezel behind the muzzle (I already have these two parts). The light will run on either a single CR123A battery or a 16340 IMR cell. The remote switch will be positioned for easy reach on the right side of the forearm with the support hand fingers (through the strap).

Now it's just a waiting game until the "firearm" is actually available.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 10-17-2018 at 02:47 PM.

How so, in what way?

I'm personally not seeing the attraction to these for anything other than novelty. Pistol-gripped shotguns have largely been abandoned for professional use on any task other than breaching guns....

….with the exception of the Federal Bureau of Prisons...….

….which says it all.
    I’m not meaning this other than inquisitively, but what do you mean by this comment about the BOP? Because I’ve been with them 15 years and never seen a pistol gripped shotgun. We do have a motley crew of different generations of 870s but still never seen a pistol gripped one.

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    I’m not meaning this other than inquisitively, but what do you mean by this comment about the BOP? Because I’ve been with them 15 years and never seen a pistol gripped shotgun. We do have a motley crew of different generations of 870s but still never seen a pistol gripped one.
    I have two friends with BOP. From what I understand, please correct me, but BOP is unique in that firearms are selected/purchased by individual facilities as opposed to being preempted agency wide....many use the Ruger P89, some use the Beretta 92, some the USP, and the most recent news being the purchase of 130 Glock 19Xs by an FCI in California. So I'm guessing that some places might have them while others don't.

So, one of my friends (in CA) had to qualify on a shotgun as part of a promotion or assignment of some type, and it was a pistol-gripped shotgun mandated to be fired from the hip. That was last year. My other friend (Connecticut) had never heard of it. The two of them have also told me different things about their qual...….at the one's facility, it's timed, whereas at the other facility there's no time limit. The one is BOP for the forseeable future, whereas the other is trying to get a gig as SIS or USMS, whichever she gets first.

I get the impression that things can vary widely from facility to facility with firearms. Have you found that to be the case?
    Last edited by TGS; 10-17-2018 at 09:01 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I get the impression that things can vary widely from facility to facility with firearms. Have you found that to be the case?
    You have no idea how much that’s true. 🙂

I’m a firearms instructor since 2011. Firing from the hip has been dropped years ago, thank god. Why they ever had that I’ll never know. All shooting is timed, other than the 870 (our standard issue shotguns btw).

If your friend isn’t being timed someone’s not doing their job. Some places have turning targets (timed of course by how long they’re exposed), others are stationary like ours and timed with a timer and whistle. I’ve heard rumor a new course of fire has been developed but not sure if or when it’ll come online.

Pistols do vary, currently we have the latest contract pistol, the M&P 9 1.0s. I’ve seen the article about USP Atwater getting those 19Xs, still not sure how that was managed given the current contract for the M&P. Ruger P89DAOs have been standard issue since the mid 90s. The Berettas were Inox 92D Vertecs from the early 2000s and it’s contract wasn’t even finished due to Beretta’s handling of said contract poorly. There was a contract for Ruger P95s after the Berettas but they were never issued due to reliability issues at FLETC. Those are the only standard contract pistols. Anything else was some kind of special purchase. I’ve not even gone over the SORT pistols. Never heard of the H&K USP being used at all.

When the BOP gets a new pistol contract (usually good for 5 yrs) it’s up to the individual institutions to order them, it’s their choice. It should be across the board but I doubt they’ll change that. Thank god we had a warden willing to let up on the funds to get the M&Ps to replace our P89s.

We recently got new 870s, Marine Magnums with 18” barrels, +2 extensions, and rifle sights. They replaced a mix of parkerized Police models with plastic furniture and a few old polished blue/wood stocked models.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 10-17-2018 at 09:58 PM.

I’m a firearms instructor since 2011. Firing from the hip has been dropped years ago, thank god.
    Funny, cause they had her doing it last year! What's that usually for? She said it was some sort of assignment or promotion or something....I can't remember, honestly.

If your friend isn’t being timed someone’s not doing their job.
    That's what it sounds like. I just looked up the old messages and he said the following for the pistol qual:

"12 rounds at 3 yards and 18 at 7 yards. 21 out of 30 hits needed. Mine doesn't actually time it even though it's supposed to be".

He's at Danbury, IIRC.

Pistols do vary, currently we have the latest contract pistol, the M&P 9 1.0s. I’ve seen the article about USP Atwater getting those 19Xs, still not sure how that was managed given the current contract for the M&P. Ruger P89DAOs have been standard issue since the mid 90s. The Berettas were Inox 92D Vertecs from the early 2000s and it’s contract wasn’t even finished due to Beretta’s handling of said contract poorly. There was a contract for Ruger P95s after the Berettas but they were never issued due to reliability issues at FLETC. Those are the only standard contract pistols. Anything else was some kind of special purchase. I’ve not even gone over the SORT pistols. Never heard of the H&K USP being used at all.

When the BOP gets a new pistol contract (usually good for 5 yrs) it’s up to the individual institutions to order them, it’s their choice. It should be across the board but I doubt they’ll change that. Thank god we had a warden willing to let up on the funds to get the M&Ps to replace our P89s.

We recently got new 870s, Marine Magnums with 18” barrels, +2 extensions, and rifle sights. They replaced a mix of parkerized Police models with plastic furniture and a few old polished blue/wood stocked models.
    Gotcha, thanks for the background/process on how it works.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-17-2018 at 10:36 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Shooting from the hip...

"Obviously, the Tac-13 is not meant to be brought to your eye*, even though that is instinctual when you pick up a shotgun. The best and most effective way of making this work for you is to hold it low and near your hip (NOT against your hip—you might lose your hip that way) when firing. You may not qualify as “expert” when it comes to accuracy, but luckily that isn’t exactly a requirement with a shotgun in close-quarter engagements."

https://www.ballisticmag.com/2018/10...13-first-look/

Evidently, this derpbauchery remains widespread, alive and well.

*Yes, this is why they put a vent rib and bead on it, dipshit.

This guy is running one pretty well.

User Tag List