Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Yep, if someone makes a brace for this I’m in. Even though it’s a Remington.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF_rB0Errr0
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I saw a similar product from a company called black aces tactical it’s a semi auto for $449. Here is a link to some info if anyone is interested.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/10/15...edium=facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    3 position mag cut off? Can someone explain how that works?
    My understanding: with rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber, the mag cut-off allows the bolt to be retracted and locked back while ejecting the live round from the chamber. A new shell can be dropped in the ejection port and then the bolt released via the 3-position cut-off. This makes changing the chambered round easier than the 11-87, which requires placing the new round in the magazine then cycling the action (need to have space in the mag to load the new round). It also makes it possible to empty just the chamber and leave the magazine full, something that is impossible to do with the 11-87.

I've also read that the magazine can be emptied (one shell at a time) without cycling the shells through the action, though that is not an advertised feature or stated in the V3 operating manual. The ability to empty the chamber and lock the bolt back without feeding a shell from the mag pretty much negates the need to empty the magazine in many cases. This has always been my gripe with the 11-87: since there is no way to stop another shell from feeding from the magazine, to unload the chamber the mag has to be cycled empty too.

Unlike the 1100 and 11-87, the V3 recoil springs are located in the receiver, not the stock. This makes the V3 a much better design than the 1100 or 11-87 for a pistol grip only configuration, and why I'll hold out and pay more for it. Everything I've read about the V3 in terms of design, function and reliability are very positive, the only caveat is the current state of Remington QC. But since the V3 Tac-13 has such tremendous potential as a truly excellent close range PDW, I'm willing to be an early adopter.

I'm betting it will be Q1 2019 before they are readily available, but will keep my eyes open for availability in the mean time.

Sounds good. Any chance of it becoming engaged and not allowing the action to cycle?

Can the v3 be ghost loaded?

Sounds good. Any chance of it becoming engaged and not allowing the action to cycle?
    Based on Internet research only, I guess it's possible. One would have to reach under the action in front of the trigger guard, then push the mag cut-off forward and up. At that point on a pull of the trigger, the chambered round will fire and lock the bolt back as if it was empty. One would have to disengage the cut-off to close the bolt, either dropping a round in first or cycling the action afterward.

Can the v3 be ghost loaded?
    Based on a response in another forum, apparently it can.

Site Supporter
    It's looking like Tac-13 street prices at local FFL's will be ~$699-725.

But seriously, they are a handful but they can be surprisingly usable.
    How so, in what way?

I'm personally not seeing the attraction to these for anything other than novelty. Pistol-gripped shotguns have largely been abandoned for professional use on any task other than breaching guns....

….with the exception of the Federal Bureau of Prisons...….

….which says it all.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    How so, in what way?

I'm personally not seeing the attraction to these for anything other than novelty. Pistol-gripped shotguns have largely been abandoned for professional use on any task other than breaching guns....
    Viable, AWB-state legal PDW for the civilian. Where an AR or handgun is a no-go for me when I travel to NY, the Tac-13 will be good-to-go and fit fully-assembled in my travel duffel.

No doubt there's a bit of novelty involved but I'm betting the V3 Tac-13 will be far easier to master than its pump-action equivalents, easier to carry/transport than a long gun and far more effective within home defense distances than any handgun.

There's little doubt in my mind that the Remington V3 is a good design and very reliable. It all comes down to how well it can be shot, which I'm betting will be quite sufficient for its intended role.

User Tag List