Thread: a300 problem

a300 problem

So I took my shotgun apart to clean it after breaking it in with about 150 rounds (which
    worked perfectly). Came apart fine and went back together fine. Since reassembly, the shell lifter does not seem to
    work properly. When pulling the bolt back after reassembly, the lifter appears to be partway up. A friend has an A300
    Patrol. We tried my trigger pack in his gun and it fails the same way. We tried his trigger pack in my gun and it works
    fine, so it seems to be isolated to my trigger pack. We compared his and mine and can find no difference. I logged a problem with Beretta but wondered if anyone else had this issue. Thanks, DVC

a300 problem

Well, looks like I'm the only one that's had this problem. I spoke to Beretta today and they're sending me a new trigger pack. Really nice and helpful service people. FWIW

I have read the early A300 Ultima Sporting shotguns had problems that were fixed by replacing the trigger group.

Calling @Ben_G
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

It sounds like the arm in the pack that resets the lifter might have gotten jostled and isn't set right, or one of the retention springs on the side that interact with the lifter might be off kilter.

This is the first I've heard of this kind of issue.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

a300 problem

Thank you for the replies. I80 has been closed for 2 days so the trigger pack hasn't made it yet. I will update when it does and take a picture of the old one. When we compared to my friends we could find no difference but Bens thought gives me a place to look more carefully. Thanks again.

The new trigger pack came today and it works perfectly. I took some pics of the old one. Looks fine to me, but I don't know what I'm looking for. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Tag List