Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington V3 Tac-13

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Well, the Ohio legislature done fucked up and ruined this for everyone. They screwed up a paragraph location in a bill they signed. Went from making these unambiguously legal to unambiguously “dangerous ordnance” (sorta our version of NFA). Which means I’ll have to wait until they fix their screwup.

This is why we can’t have nice things - an editing error.
    I live less than 30 minutes from OH so I am interested in details as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

So here’s the deal. Under Ohio law, the legality of the Shockwave was a matter of opinion since Ohio law does not have a provision for a firearm like federal law does. Under Ohio law the shockwave could fall under the definition of a sawed off fire arm. Sawed off firearms under Ohio law are considered dangerous ordnance. Without a license to own dangerous Ordnance from a sheriff they are a felony to possess.

There was a house bill introduced that fixed this gray area of the law. They specifically excluded a firearm under the federal definition of a firearm from the definition of a sawed off firearm. They were also going to specifically exclude the definition of a firearm using the federal language from the definition of a dangerous ordinance. However due to a editing error, instead of putting that definition under the exclusion from dangerous ordnance they added it to what the definition of a dangerous ordnance is.

So now what was a gray area in the law is now clearly a felony for people to possess a shockwave type firearm. The buckeye firearms association is aware of the year and is going to try and fix it after the first of the year. The problem is the bill that went to the governor‘s desk has that definition in the wrong spot. So if he signs that or if he vetoes it and the house and senate override his veto then there are a lot of people in Ohio that own a shockwave already who will now be felons.

So here is the substitute bill that was sent to the governors office. You’ll want to scroll down to the 2923.11 section. The underlined parts are what the added. K(7) should have been added under L(7).

http://www.capwiz.com/buckeyefirearm...26rtype%3Dtext
    Last edited by Lon; 12-12-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Thanks

Lon, thanks for taking the time to post the clarification. Chris Ives

At our match today, ended up squadded with Cody from Vang Comp. They say the V3 is well designed, reliable and they are working on sights for it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At our match today, ended up squadded with Cody from Vang Comp. They say the V3 is well designed, reliable and they are working on sights for it.
    Good to hear, still need to see DB the next time I’m in D for hands on w/ his & sights you say.

Something that VCS might add to a customers gun or a complete package on a V3 bought from them?
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 12-16-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Shot my V3 Tac-13 today about 80 rounds. Mixed feelings.
    Fiocchi OOB 1300fps ran flawlessly.
    Federal 00B Flight Control had 1 failure to eject in 5 rounds.

I liked the vent rib barrel better than the Tac-14 , 870 plain barrel. It seemed easier to line up.

Sometimes pulling back the bolt handle would chamber a round sometimes not ? I need to work on a manual of arms. It did not seem to want to respond in a consistent way to the same manipulations. Probably operator error.

Once a round is chambered it shoots smoothly.

Federal 00B Flight Control at 7 yards is < 2" pattern. This was consistent. For scale the head is 6" wide.

Name:  IMG_1688 copy.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  42.3 KB

My 870 Tac-14 is much faster to get firing from chamber empty. V3 Tac-13 seems easier to fire fast once chambered. Shotgun safeties suck, so I need a fast reliable way to chamber a round.

Will Vang Comp 870 dome safeties work in the V3 ?

Using push /pull it was easy to transition between targets.
    Last edited by 1slow; 12-18-2018 at 01:09 AM.

Reading the manual, that should not happen unless you have accidentally operated the magazine cutoff button.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Reading the manual, that should not happen unless you have accidentally operated the magazine cutoff button.
    Thank you. Hopefully that was it. I will test again and see if I was inadvertently hitting the magazine release button.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Federal 00B Flight Control had 1 failure to eject in 5 rounds.
    8-pellet? My 1187s will not cycle that load reliably, but 9-pellet reduced-reoil is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    8-pellet? My 1187s will not cycle that load reliably, but 9-pellet reduced-reoil is no problem.
    8 pellet 00B.

User Tag List