Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Would you cut down a 45 to 19 size grip for carry?
    I’ve actually seriously considered this. I like the 17 grip profile better than the 19, but the 19 grip length is easier to conceal. Also, I’d have it cut like a G26, where the backstrap overhangs the length of the mag, giving me a slightly longer grip, without taking away from concealability, since grip + mag is the same length anyway.

Plus, I’m a big fan of front cocking serrations, which my current 19 doesn’t have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I may have missed this since there’s so much talk about the new Glocks, but functionally, what reason is there to buy the 19X now that the 45 is out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I prefer the feature set on my G45 better but I'm hankering to have a 19X (which I've shot a couple hundred rounds through) because of what it represents. Kinda commemorative like. The texture on the slide and maritime cups are kinda tacticool things.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My 19x is really growing in me. I worked with my 17.5 last night and all I could think about was I wish I was shooting the X. My carry needs are met by the 19x and I shoot it as well (or as bad depending on the day) as my 17. Seriously considering turning the 17 into a new 34 for serious games and picking up a second x as a back up carry.

I may have missed this since there’s so much talk about the new Glocks, but functionally, what reason is there to buy the 19X now that the 45 is out?

Color choice would be the only reason. The G45 is essentially an upgraded G19X.

Hi Risk Customer Services

Realistically no. It's a personal toss up basically. The factory magwell on the 45 seems to be about as polarizing as the freaking nub on the 19X for most people. Front serrations on the 45 are doing the same thing to people now as well, even though the internet seemed to collectively demand them from Glock for a long time.

Functionally both guns will get it done. I am carrying my 19X over my 45 now simply because my 19X has been vetted to my satisfaction and I have not been able to do the same with my 45 as of yet. The 19X also has a subtle smoothness to it that I love. The nub on the front strap is actually very comfortable to me and I like it, but will likely chop it off at some point to gain universal magazine compatibility. I like the FDE color, but don't love it.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    My 19x is really growing in me. I worked with my 17.5 last night and all I could think about was I wish I was shooting the X. My carry needs are met by the 19x and I shoot it as well (or as bad depending on the day) as my 17. Seriously considering turning the 17 into a new 34 for serious games and picking up a second x as a back up carry.
    And here I thought you were all done with Glocks...

Anybody had issues with the Magpul magazines and Gen5 glocks? Recently picked up a Gen5 19 MOS and am getting premature lock back on the slide when using the Magpul mags.

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Anybody had issues with the Magpul magazines and Gen5 glocks? Recently picked up a Gen5 19 MOS and am getting premature lock back on the slide when using the Magpul mags.
    There was a thread about magpul mags having issues. Ill try to find it later if others dont first.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The Glock 9mm 17/19 magazines have used the same number six follower for longer than I can remember, like decades, attesting to the stability and maturity of the OEM 9mm magazines. Given their availability and reasonable price, I can't imagine using anything but OEM magazines in my Glock pistols, given the financial and psychological cost of a malfunction. My 140mm mags are OEM plus the Taran baseplates.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Glock 9mm 17/19 magazines have used the same number six follower for longer than I can remember, like decades, attesting to the stability and maturity of the OEM 9mm magazines. Given their availability and reasonable price, I can't imagine using anything but OEM magazines in my Glock pistols, given the financial and psychological cost of a malfunction. My 140mm mags are OEM plus the Taran baseplates.
    I concur.

User Tag List