Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

@GJM , what sights do you have on that rig in the video?

Edit: Referring to the irons.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 10-11-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    @GJM , what sights do you have on that rig in the video?

Edit: Referring to the irons.
    Ameriglo suppressor height BUIS, from when I had an RMR on, but they are non-functional with the DP Pro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I can't take any pictures of the mod currently, and most of you will probably laugh, but it works.

Pick up some of the industrial strength Velcro from the hardware store, the one in the white box. Take a piece of the soft side and cut a small section about inch wide by two inches. Also cut the Velcro pile, like you would be cutting hair. Lay it flat and trim it..this really just helps with clearance. It isn't necessary but it helps.

Remove the ALS lock from your holster. Look at the U shaped area, specifically the side opposite the ejection port side. There are two raised tabs in this area. The serrations catch on these two tabs. Take the Velcro and cover the tabs up with it. Make sure the velco is only on the side and does not run up to the top of the U shaped area. Also make sure the Velcro doesn't hang off the edges anywhere.

Silly as this seems, it prevents the serrations from hanging up on the ALS system. The ejection port side isn't a problem as the design of that side doesn't interfere with the serrations.

I'll try and remove my ALS lock tomorrow and get a picture of the Velcro installed.

It doesn't affect the locking of the pistol at all, and the serrations now slide past the two tabs.

It ain't the greatest fix, but until Safariand redesigns the ALS for the front serrations, it will work. I have had no issues with this even when putting a scalding hot pistol in the holster.

TXPO
    Thank you!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have no intentions of carrying the G45 as an "on-duty" weapon but I became curious about it in a duty holster; our holsters are Safariland 6360 w/ WML for patrol and 7TS w/ WML for admin days and detectives.

Just using the pistol without a WML in the 7TS holster it drags slightly but not enough to slow a draw. Attached the WML to it and it gets tight...really tight. Without the WML on the 6360 drags bad and it gets worse with the WML attached. The WML is a Streamlight TLR-1. I will try it with the Surefie X300 next week.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 10-12-2018 at 09:11 AM.

This morning, I shot a G5 17 with a Pro vs the 19 upper/G45 lower with Pro on Garcia dots, and the shorter slide was definitively faster on this.

To summarize — yesterday, I benchmarked the G45 configuration against a G4 34, and slightly preferred the G45, even though I am much more familiar with the 34, the 34 has a JohnnyGlocks trigger, and the G45 stock but with a minus and Wolf spring. This morning, I did a similar comparison between G45 and G5 MOS 17, and had a definite preference for the G45. Plan to shoot it in USPSA for a while.

Just now, I went back to the range with my wife. Near the end, I decided to check pure speed with the G45, and here is a series of draw and shoot three, followed immediately by a Garcia dot drill to make sure I was staying disciplined about trigger control.

I was tense initially on the draws, and by relaxing, got down to .98 on the last draw and shoot three.

Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This morning, I shot a G5 17 with a Pro vs the 19 upper/G45 lower with Pro on Garcia dots, and the shorter slide was definitively faster on this.
    Have you looked at the design change to the breech face on the G45 and several other newer Glocks that is supposed to hold the case better and enhance the ejection?

Damn nice shooting GJM!

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Have you looked at the design change to the breech face on the G45 and several other newer Glocks that is supposed to hold the case better and enhance the ejection?
    I have seen reference to a change, but am fuzzy as to exactly what it is. My multiple 19X pistols and my new G45 huck the brass out like an HK.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have seen reference to a change, but am fuzzy as to exactly what it is. My multiple 19X pistols and my new G45 huck the brass out like an HK.

Near the bottom of the breech face opposite the extractor there is a small notch cut out which may not be seen from the top with the slide assembled.

User Tag List