Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    George,

Im in the same boat. Prior to the G45, I was very much gaga over the 19X. I have always liked the impulse of a 19 length slide but could never warm up to the frame shape of a traditional G19. Enter the Gen 5 guns and the 19 became a no go for me, period, due to the cutout. That thing is better than Dracula at drawing blood.

The 19X fit the bill offering an incredible recoil impulse but with a full length grip that was easy to reload, fit the hand better than the 19 and was able to be concealed with proper attire and equipment. I much prefer the 19 length slide for AIWB as I find that a longer holster is very uncomfortable to me as I am high waisted and short torso'd. lol.

Enter the G45 and i am literally sitting here in my living room off duty fondling the gun and dry firing it while I type. This thing is literally the complete package minus a factory optics cut. If Glock releases an MOS option in peanut butter color I will probably crap myself.

I am NOT a glock fan beyond an appreciation for their effectiveness as a tool. The G45 is an amazing tool. I truly wish that this would be an option for uniformed carry.

you need to petition your higher ups... I have just finished my T&E of the G45 so I can add it to our approved list. 1000 rounds new out of the box, no cleaning and 100% reliability. Accuracy and recoil management it the same as the 19X, and the G45 throws brass out like there is no tomorrow. I have finished my write up for it, and it is GTG. I have 4 officers that have been waiting for me to finish....

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    you need to petition your higher ups... I have just finished my T&E of the G45 so I can add it to our approved list. 1000 rounds new out of the box, no cleaning and 100% reliability. Accuracy and recoil management it the same as the 19X, and the G45 throws brass out like there is no tomorrow. I have finished my write up for it, and it is GTG. I have 4 officers that have been waiting for me to finish....

TXPO
    You mentioned elsewhere that you had a mod for ALS to prevent the 45 from hanging up on the locking block. Can you tell me more? I’m an ALS user.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Currently my various combinations cover smaller carry, medium carry, full size carry, field carry and USPSA Carry Optics. The only thing left out is a great USPSA Production pistol, due to the shorter sight radius.
    I interpret this to mean you are all in on the 19 length slide except for USPSA production. Correct?

Also. Does Mrs. GJM smile, shake her head and say “I knew it all along.”[emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I interpret this to mean you are all in on the 19 length slide except for USPSA production. Correct?

Also. Does Mrs. GJM smile, shake her head and say “I knew it all along.”[emoji23]
    My wife tells me Glock shooters are sexy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    . . . the G45 throws brass out like there is no tomorrow. ...

TXPO
    Oh oh I forgot to mention in my shooting post - ejection. DAYIM! Measured 10 feet at 3:00.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oh oh I forgot to mention in my shooting post - ejection. DAYIM! Measured 10 feet at 3:00.
    This is good to hear. One thing I always liked better about my Berettas and HKs over Glock, is the first two always ejected with authority, and most important away from the shooter. My G19 Gen 4 has yet to hiccup, even when trying to induce limp wrist malfunctions, but it's a little off putting seeing the brass dribble out in every which direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    This is good to hear. One thing I always liked better about my Berettas and HKs over Glock, is the first two always ejected with authority, and most important away from the shooter. My G19 Gen 4 has yet to hiccup, even when trying to induce limp wrist malfunctions, but it's a little off putting seeing the brass dribble out in every which direction.
    Progress — now we can confidently shoot a Glock in short sleeves without worrying about brass to arms!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Progress — now we can confidently shoot a Glock in short sleeves without worrying about brass to arms!
    I thought chicks dig scars?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

This afternoon, I decided to shoot my CO G4 34 against my G5 19 MOS upper with a G45 lower. Both pistols had a DP Pro, although the 34 was direct milled and the 19/45 combo was MOS. The Gen 4 34 has a JohnnyGlocks trigger and 4.5 striker spring, where the G45 has a 5.0 striker spring and OEM minus connector. I shot the same array a half dozen times to try to collect meaningful data. This is the array I was shooting.

Name:  059BB3E3-27A7-42E5-833E-B28BDE364B6C.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  98.3 KB

Both pistols were close, with a slight advantage to the shorter slide. Not enough difference to discard vetted 34 pistols, but good news for someone trying to use a G45 for everything.

Here is video from my last run with the 19/45 combo.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You mentioned elsewhere that you had a mod for ALS to prevent the 45 from hanging up on the locking block. Can you tell me more? I’m an ALS user.
    I can't take any pictures of the mod currently, and most of you will probably laugh, but it works.

Pick up some of the industrial strength Velcro from the hardware store, the one in the white box. Take a piece of the soft side and cut a small section about inch wide by two inches. Also cut the Velcro pile, like you would be cutting hair. Lay it flat and trim it..this really just helps with clearance. It isn't necessary but it helps.

Remove the ALS lock from your holster. Look at the U shaped area, specifically the side opposite the ejection port side. There are two raised tabs in this area. The serrations catch on these two tabs. Take the Velcro and cover the tabs up with it. Make sure the velco is only on the side and does not run up to the top of the U shaped area. Also make sure the Velcro doesn't hang off the edges anywhere.

Silly as this seems, it prevents the serrations from hanging up on the ALS system. The ejection port side isn't a problem as the design of that side doesn't interfere with the serrations.

I'll try and remove my ALS lock tomorrow and get a picture of the Velcro installed.

It doesn't affect the locking of the pistol at all, and the serrations now slide past the two tabs.

It ain't the greatest fix, but until Safariand redesigns the ALS for the front serrations, it will work. I have had no issues with this even when putting a scalding hot pistol in the holster.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List