Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

I did some messing with pieces today. Took the Crimson Trace green laser off the G45 and slapped it on a 19X. This laser continues to impress me. Think it would be perfect on a red dot gun. Here is some shooting just before dark — ten shots to a 3x5 at 7 yards, and five shots to a one inch square. No holster yet.

Put a DP Pro on the 19 MOS upper and put it on the G45 bottom. Like this combination a lot!

Name:  24480B34-EBF2-458B-A7ED-B27FDE0B6B3D.jpg
Views: 2879
Size:  83.9 KB

Note the Magpul Daka medium size bag in the photo — easily holds 400 rounds of 9mm and the best $22 I have spent on Amazon lately.

My wife was shooting her G5 17 and the 19X, and feels like the 19X shoots slightly flatter for her. Here is a screenshot from just before dark tonight.

Name:  57E23A64-BDEC-44C0-9571-13688636980A.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  94.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I did some messing with pieces today. Took the Crimson Trace green laser off the G45 and slapped it on a 19X. This laser continues to impress me. Think it would be perfect on a red dot gun. Here is some shooting just before dark — ten shots to a 3x5 at 7 yards, and five shots to a one inch square. No holster yet.

Put a DP Pro on the 19 MOS upper and put it on the G45 bottom. Like this combination a lot!

Name:  24480B34-EBF2-458B-A7ED-B27FDE0B6B3D.jpg
Views: 2879
Size:  83.9 KB

Note the Magpul Daka medium size bag in the photo — easily holds 400 rounds of 9mm and the best $22 I have spent on Amazon lately.

My wife was shooting her G5 17 and the 19X, and feels like the 19X shoots slightly flatter for her. Here is a screenshot from just before dark tonight.

Name:  57E23A64-BDEC-44C0-9571-13688636980A.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  94.2 KB
    I see they're(crimson trace) getting into the optics game as well - from riflescope's to red dots (including mrds for pistols) according to their ig page. Maybe their mrds will compliment this laser unit nicely.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 10-09-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

@GJM

Is that Crimson Trace laser the LL-807G?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @GJM

Is that Crimson Trace laser the LL-807G?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As 2018 winds towards 2019, I have been thinking about what pistol or pistols are likely to be important for my use next year and beyond. My short list of attributes is reasonably accurate, absolutely reliable, possessing a hammer or method of mimicking a hammer administratively, and being red dot friendly since I believe the Acro is likely to change the EDC world. Extra credit goes for well accessorized by the market and user serviceable.

Without realizing it, I have assembled a number of pistols that all play well together — those being the Glock 19X, and now the G5 19 MOS and Glock 45. For those not familiar, all those uppers and lowers interchange. All we now need, is what Tom Jones suggested, is the G5 26 to use the same locking block as the 45 et al, and it would join the mix and match party. Currently my various combinations cover smaller carry, medium carry, full size carry, field carry and USPSA Carry Optics. The only thing left out is a great USPSA Production pistol, due to the shorter sight radius. Here are some pictures of some of my configurations.
    I'm in a similar boat, but with fewer categories. I think that the Gen5 G19 MOS and the G43 will probably meet all of my needs for quite some time to come. The G19 will evolve toward being a Roland-like object adapted to EDC and field carry by swapping ammo, while the G43 stay with light stippling and night sights.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I see they're(crimson trace) getting into the optics game as well - from riflescope's to red dots (including mrds for pistols) according to their ig page. Maybe their mrds will compliment this laser unit nicely.
    https://www.crimsontrace.com/products/red-dot-sights

Waiting for my LGS to get in the 19 MOS.

Is there a standard to get optimal optic durability and longevity? Ie trijicon plate, longer screws, witness marks, blue loctite?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Waiting for my LGS to get in the 19 MOS.

Is there a standard to get optimal optic durability and longevity? Ie trijicon plate, longer screws, witness marks, blue loctite?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Yes, direct mill installation.

George,

Im in the same boat. Prior to the G45, I was very much gaga over the 19X. I have always liked the impulse of a 19 length slide but could never warm up to the frame shape of a traditional G19. Enter the Gen 5 guns and the 19 became a no go for me, period, due to the cutout. That thing is better than Dracula at drawing blood.

The 19X fit the bill offering an incredible recoil impulse but with a full length grip that was easy to reload, fit the hand better than the 19 and was able to be concealed with proper attire and equipment. I much prefer the 19 length slide for AIWB as I find that a longer holster is very uncomfortable to me as I am high waisted and short torso'd. lol.

Enter the G45 and i am literally sitting here in my living room off duty fondling the gun and dry firing it while I type. This thing is literally the complete package minus a factory optics cut. If Glock releases an MOS option in peanut butter color I will probably crap myself.

I am NOT a glock fan beyond an appreciation for their effectiveness as a tool. The G45 is an amazing tool. I truly wish that this would be an option for uniformed carry.
    Last edited by Magsz; 10-10-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Neat screenshot from video yesterday showing shooting one inch square with laser.

Name:  D72E6CC0-6B71-4316-9F60-DCD495B054A0.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  55.8 KB

User Tag List