Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Just a data point but I picked up a Gen5 19MOS today and it's the most tightly fitted Glock I've handled including those with aftermarket barrels. I have very high hopes for mechanical accuracy. The barrel-to-slide fit has less movement than my 2 VP9s and is on par with my PPQ. The slide-to-frame fit is better than my VP9s and PPQ (not that it matters a whole lot). There is no perceptible movement of the slide vs frame when dry firing. I can't wait to shoot some 25m bull with this thing and see what it can do.
    I find the G5 Glock, VP9 and PPQ to be so accurate that it really comes down to ammo, trigger feel and shooter ability as to which shoots best for you.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks @GJM, @HCM.

Reasoning for a MOS G19.5 is as follows.

I am looking ahead a year or two to the possibility of me needing/wanting an optic, plus, I got (finally) convinced of having multiples of work guns. With another G19, I can dedicate a gun to dry practice and carry/keep a EDC gun of exactly the same type.

I am seeing a GSSF price of $489.50 (http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pisto...nformation.pdf) for a G19.5 MOS. I figure I can use it as is for a while, and if I decide to try an optic it will be ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks @GJM, @HCM.

Reasoning for a MOS G19.5 is as follows.

I am looking ahead a year or two to the possibility of me needing/wanting an optic, plus, I got (finally) convinced of having multiples of work guns. With another G19, I can dedicate a gun to dry practice and carry/keep a EDC gun of exactly the same type.

I am seeing a GSSF price of $489.50 (http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pisto...nformation.pdf) for a G19.5 MOS. I figure I can use it as is for a while, and if I decide to try an optic it will be ready to go.
    I have felt enough difference in my two G5 19 MOS pistols, that I would really like to handle the one I was buying to pick a trigger I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have felt enough difference in my two G5 19 MOS pistols, that I would really like to handle the one I was buying to pick a trigger I really like.
    Where I buy BL Glocks you tell them what model you want and once approved they bring 1 from the back and that 1 is yours.
    No test firing and I have never seen anyone test fire one in that store. I will enhance the trigger if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Where I buy BL Glocks you tell them what model you want and once approved they bring 1 from the back and that 1 is yours.
    No test firing and I have never seen anyone test fire one in that store. I will enhance the trigger if necessary.
    Thanks. This would be a GSSF purchase, I would not presume to get treated like a LEO under BL, for sure.

Here in my little corner of Florida, I was pretty lucky my GSSF dealer actually had a Gen 5 19 for me to even see last year. I was astonished that they had two, in fact. I did press the trigger of both but given my relative inexperience in Glocks I could not discern much difference.

As far as a 19.5 MOS, I would not be optimistic I’d find one available under GSSF pricing and expect it would be ordered specifically for me.

Question: I checked the Glock USA web site and did not see: what sights do they put on the MOS guns? The plastic standard Glock sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks. This would be a GSSF purchase, I would not presume to get treated like a LEO under BL, for sure.

Here in my little corner of Florida, I was pretty lucky my GSSF dealer actually had a Gen 5 19 for me to even see last year. I was astonished that they had two, in fact. I did press the trigger of both but given my relative inexperience in Glocks I could not discern much difference.

As far as a 19.5 MOS, I would not be optimistic I’d find one available under GSSF pricing and expect it would be ordered specifically for me.

Question: I checked the Glock USA web site and did not see: what sights do they put on the MOS guns? The plastic standard Glock sights?
    Of my two G5 19 MOS, one has a lovely rolling trigger and the other is crunchy crisp. It is in the upper, not the lower as I have enough pieces to switch things around.

MOS comes with the plastic OEM sights. It can be an issue if you are not running an optic as an HD/BOLD/Heinie style will overhang thenrearnof the slide. Dawson, Ameriglo and 10-8 make MOS rear sights but they are typically plain black or three dot style.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I don’t think GJM was talking about live test fire. I think he was referring to dry fire which is perfectly reasonable and something I do on every Glock purchase along with checking the slide to frame fit at the rear of the slide.

I have had them pull two or three blue labels till I get one I find acceptable.

MOS comes with the plastic OEM sights. It can be an issue if you are not running an optic as an HD/BOLD/Heinie style will overhang thenrearnof the slide. Dawson, Ameriglo and 10-8 make MOS rear sights but they are typically plain black or three dot style.
    The rear overhang doesn’t seem to cause much of a problem but if you’re adding an optic one might consider just doing tall sights right off the bat. I just picked up the Truglo MOS 3-dot sights which are currently $63 at opticsplanet with a 15% off coupon code. Those aren’t quite Amerglo orange fronts but they do have blacked out rears and a big white front dot which might not be a bad thing with a dot. There is also a nice MOS set that Heinie makes and you could easily just paint the front orange.

Site Supporter
    Of my two G5 19 MOS, one has a lovely rolling trigger and the other is crunchy crisp. It is in the upper, not the lower as I have enough pieces to switch things around.

The overhang on the bolds doesn’t hurt anything and Glock offers them from the factory. My 17.5 MOS came that way. It was the only blue label in stock but it has grown on me.

Heinie also makes Co witness MOS sights. They are avail via the heinie and suarez websites.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-24-2018 at 10:40 PM.

I was referring to dry fire of the trigger.

If you carry appendix, a rear sight protruding off the rear of the slide will rip your skin and clothing big time.

User Tag List