Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

PM me if you have an answer;

Anyone know who has a G5 G19 MOS in stock at a fair price that’s swap mags out for 10rd?

While I was away at elk camp for five days, my wife was practicing, doing some stuff like .85 draws and .14 splits. Today, we hit the range, and I felt like I had to lay down some speed! Certainly not on demand, or match pace, but I managed to draw and hit three eight inch steel at ten yards in 1.15 (.61 draw, .27, .27) with the DP Pro on 19 MOS upper and the G45 lower.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While I was away at elk camp for five days, my wife was practicing, doing some stuff like .85 draws and .14 splits. Today, we hit the range, and I felt like I had to lay down some speed! Certainly not on demand, or match pace, but I managed to draw and hit three eight inch steel at ten yards in 1.15 (.61 draw, .27, .27) with the DP Pro on 19 MOS upper and the G45 lower.
    Forgot the video:

Jeebus.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Forgot the video:

Attachment 31661
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

A few more thoughts on the G45 after about a month.

It throws the brass out there like an HK. I think it is a great dot platform, as the dot seems quieter than when on a G34. This was the biggest surprise — it doesn’t draw quite as quickly as a 17/34 for me from an OWB holster. The reason is I hit the gun aggressively with my initial touch, and the longer barrel of the 17/34 anchors the pistol better. With the shorter slide, I need to be more careful not to upset the pistol, as the shorter slide is less stable in the holster. Probably not an issue with AIWB. Overall, I love the G45. It and a 19MOS makes a great mix and match combination. Glock OEM Bold sights for the Gen 3/4 small frame Glock pistols (.180 tall front) regulate perfectly on my G45. Unlike most other Glock pistols, my rear sight is centered in the dovetail to shoot to zero.

I bet the G45 becomes the best selling Glock for LE and is a major success for Glock.

Hammertime
    A few more thoughts on the G45 after about a month.

It throws the brass out there like an HK. I think it is a great dot platform, as the dot seems quieter than when on a G34. This was the biggest surprise — it doesn’t draw quite as quickly as a 17/34 for me from an OWB holster. The reason is I hit the gun aggressively with my initial touch, and the longer barrel of the 17/34 anchors the pistol better. With the shorter slide, I need to be more careful not to upset the pistol, as the shorter slide is less stable in the holster. Probably not an issue with AIWB. Overall, I love the G45. It and a 19MOS makes a great mix and match combination. Glock OEM Bold sights for the Gen 3/4 small frame Glock pistols (.180 tall front) regulate perfectly on my G45. Unlike most other Glock pistols, my rear sight is centered in the dovetail to shoot to zero.

I bet the G45 becomes the best selling Glock for LE and is a major success for Glock.
    Good report. Did you ever compare the P30 to the P30l?

With the shorter slide, I need to be more careful not to upset the pistol, as the shorter slide is less stable in the holster.
    Maybe tighten up those retention screws? I understand that the new Stoeger's holster that you're using has three retention screws rather than two; might get you a better hold.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Good report. Did you ever compare the P30 to the P30l?
    I prefer the P30L, probably because I have a pair of DA/SA L pistols, set up by a PF member with great triggers. I felt like I shot the L better at distance, given they were iron sight pistols. It has been so long since I shot both, that I wouldn’t read much into this.

I think I still have a GGI trigger job LEM P30L if you are looking.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Maybe tighten up those retention screws? I understand that the new Stoeger's holster that you're using has three retention screws rather than two; might get you a better hold.
    I am out of love with the actual new Stoeger holster shell, even though I like the hardware and thicker hangar. It is too flexible.

User Tag List