Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

Two things I don’t like about Gen 5 baseplates are I find the design more prone to pinching during a reload, and the big problem, is the magazines don’t work in a regular 19X. Despite good intentions, I can see a Gen 5 magazine ending up in a mag pouch when you have a 19X.

How much material needs to be removed from the X magwell to make a Gen 5 base plate work, and is that something you can do by hand with a file?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Two things I don’t like about Gen 5 baseplates are I find the design more prone to pinching during a reload, and the big problem, is the magazines don’t work in a regular 19X. Despite good intentions, I can see a Gen 5 magazine ending up in a mag pouch when you have a 19X.

How much material needs to be removed from the X magwell to make a Gen 5 base plate work, and is that something you can do by hand with a file?
    I have more than a lifetime supply of Gen 4 magazines so I leave the Gen 5 magazines in the Glock boxes which are put away.

If I chose to use them I would change the base plates to Gen 4 units.

Also on my list of stuff to learn because I'm thinking of getting a 19X later this year and would Dremel or file off that tab.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have more than a lifetime supply of Gen 4 magazines so I leave the Gen 5 magazines in the Glock boxes which are put away.

If I chose to use them I would change the base plates to Gen 4 units.
    That is one approach, but a major advantage of the Glock is how many Glock pistols, magazines and accessories are out there. I don’t like have a specific model pistol, in the 19X, that doesn’t use commonly available Glock magazines, since most others are unlikely to keep their Gen 5 mags in their new boxes. Whittling on the X magwell seems attractive, if not too difficult.

SUPER easy fix.

Hand tools are all that you need. Chop the bitch off with a dremel, hobby knife, whatever.

Then sand smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    SUPER easy fix.

Hand tools are all that you need. Chop the bitch off with a dremel, hobby knife, whatever.

Then sand smooth.
    Absolutely.

A Glock ain't your Uptown girl. It's your bottom bitch.

Yesterday, I bought my second G45. Took it to the range today, with a plan of runnng a few magazines to verify function, before sending it off to Primary for direct milling. I had so much fun, I ended up shooting it almost the whole session. Even with the plastic sights it was regulated, and I wouldn’t hesitate to carry it home as my EDC.

These pistols replace both the 19 and 17 for me, and I can see thinning much of my Glock herd in favor of the G45 with a few 19 MOS and 19X pistols to indulge urges. I wouldn’t be surprised if the G45 becomes one of their most popular models based on 2019 sales volume.

Hammertime
    Yesterday, I bought my second G45. Took it to the range today, with a plan of runnng a few magazines to verify function, before sending it off to Primary for direct milling. I had so much fun, I ended up shooting it almost the whole session. Even with the plastic sights it was regulated, and I wouldn’t hesitate to carry it home as my EDC.

These pistols replace both the 19 and 17 for me, and I can see thinning much of my Glock herd in favor of the G45 with a few 19 MOS and 19X pistols to indulge urges. I wouldn’t be surprised if the G45 becomes one of their most popular models based on 2019 sales volume.
    Would you cut down a 45 to 19 size grip for carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Would you cut down a 45 to 19 size grip for carry?
    For the last three months, I have most commonly carried a full size 19X. Because the grip is larger, I can wear the holster low and it conceals as well as a 19 worn higher. I do have a 19X frame cut to 26 size, when footprint is important.

I may have missed this since there’s so much talk about the new Glocks, but functionally, what reason is there to buy the 19X now that the 45 is out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List