Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I prefer the P30L, probably because I have a pair of DA/SA L pistols, set up by a PF member with great triggers. I felt like I shot the L better at distance, given they were iron sight pistols. It has been so long since I shot both, that I wouldn’t read much into this.

I think I still have a GGI trigger job LEM P30L if you are looking.
    Not looking. Just fishing to see if the 17/45 comparison carried over to P30l/P30 since they are essentially the same concept. I don’t have enough P30 time to compare but preferred the L last time I shot them briefly back to back.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I shot my 45 and 19X yesterday as part of our annual range quals with off duty guns. It is a VERY basic 25 round course from distances of 2 yards out to 20 yards.

My 19X came from the factory with the rear sight drifted right in the dovetail. I replaced the factory sights with Ameriglo Bolds and matched the rear sight to how the originals came. The gun shot perfect POA/POI with 147 Federal HST and left a fist sized group. Very happy overall with this pistol and it's performance. Also have been using a TLR7 on this gun as an EDC. I was running the 19X with no backstrap and felt the slide graze my hand a couple times during the recoil cycle.

My 45 has been unfired since I bought it. It still has the trash plastic factory sights since I can't decide what to install. The rear sight also came drifted to the right from the factory. The 45 shot POA/POI out to ten yards in a very tight group. Then at 15 yards I had another very tight group...a couple inches to the left of the first. At 20 yards, I had another tight group that was a couple inches to the left of the second. Still passed the qual but left me scratching my head. For reference, the 45 has a medium backstrap with a Grip Force Adapter on top of that. Fills my hands well, no slide bite, and doesn't exaggerate the hump further on the backstrap.

Talked to another LEO friend who had the exact same issue with his 45 at his first range session and a similar target. It sounds like my issue is similar to what GJM mentioned. I was planning to order some Bold for the 45 and just center the rear sight, but now I am thinking more about a Dawson Adjustable rear.

Just checked, and both my G45 pistols are zeroed POA/POI for me with the rear sight centered in the rear dovetail.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A thought. I find the Glock trigger harder to press straight back than many other pistols, and the smaller the Glock and heavier the trigger, the harder things get.

However, if I set my full grip tension early AND grip angle (side to side not up and down) it seems to fix the left shooting issue for a right hand shooter.

Just checked, and both my G45 pistols are zeroed POA/POI for me with the rear sight centered in the rear dovetail.
    Same for my G45 with OEM tritium sights. How they came OOTB.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Contemplating a Dawson adjustable rear (requires a .285-.300 height front) with a Trijicon HD XR orange front. Or just stop being difficult and get another set of Bolds...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Contemplating a Dawson adjustable rear (requires a .285-.300 height front) with a Trijicon HD XR orange front. Or just stop being difficult and get another set of Bolds...
    I would go Bold for the regular 17/19 (not G5) with the .180 front.

This in spades. .180 seems to be perfect for the tip of the blade at 25 paired up with the .276 rear.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Good call. I wish Ameriglo still had the Bolds on their eBay store

User Tag List