Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    I had the same thought but wanted to get a g45 and a unity slide.
    I thought the same way at first also, but you can purchase an entire Gen 5 19 MOS for about what it would cost to buy a Unity Slide stripped. That is at Blue Label prices. At regular street prices, it would still be cheaper to buy the 19 MOS and a set of suppressor height sights once you price out the small parts for the Unity slide, a barrel, and your mounting plate of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I thought the same way at first also, but you can purchase an entire Gen 5 19 MOS for about what it would cost to buy a Unity Slide stripped. That is at Blue Label prices. At regular street prices, it would still be cheaper to buy the 19 MOS and a set of suppressor height sights once you price out the small parts for the Unity slide, a barrel, and your mounting plate of choice.
    Good point. My other angle was to use my gen 5 34 as a dedicated gun for irons then buying an atom 17 length slide. The gen 5 17 mos makes more sense other than I prefer the unity mounting system. I know the mos can be done right but I like the ability to mark and check the adapter plate screw on the atom.

Anyone get a 19 mos just for the lack of cut out and for the fcs? Do Bold sights hang off the back?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Anyone get a 19 mos just for the lack of cut out and for the fcs? Do Bold sights hang off the back?
    Yes, they will hang off the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat in a gun shop yesterday for an HOUR ruminating about buying a 45 and a 19.5 MOS and swapping the top ends.

Ultimately, I passed, or waffled, or realistically, pussied out because I couldn't find a use for the 19.5 frankengun. I dont like sitting on assets that have zero use to me and an uncertain future as to whether or not I could sell the frankenpistol to someone.

I think optimism also won out in that I would hope that a some point in the future there will be a 45 MOS available to us. I went through the entire gammut of thought regarding sending a 45 out to be milled but I always came back to the desire to have a futureproof pistol, enter the MOS, so to speak. I'm really hopeful for the future and id love to see more optics like the ACRO from major manufacturers coming down the pipe. I also considered Unity, Agency AOS, etc but none of that really appeals to me due to cost.

I normally dont fall victim to this but holy shit, analysis led to paralysis yesterday. :P

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I sat in a gun shop yesterday for an HOUR ruminating about buying a 45 and a 19.5 MOS and swapping the top ends.

Ultimately, I passed, or waffled, or realistically, pussied out because I couldn't find a use for the 19.5 frankengun. I dont like sitting on assets that have zero use to me and an uncertain future as to whether or not I could sell the frankenpistol to someone.

I think optimism also won out in that I would hope that a some point in the future there will be a 45 MOS available to us. I went through the entire gammut of thought regarding sending a 45 out to be milled but I always came back to the desire to have a futureproof pistol, enter the MOS, so to speak. I'm really hopeful for the future and id love to see more optics like the ACRO from major manufacturers coming down the pipe. I also considered Unity, Agency AOS, etc but none of that really appeals to me due to cost.

I normally dont fall victim to this but holy shit, analysis led to paralysis yesterday. :P
    Honestly you would make more selling the orphaned slide and frame seperately than as a Franken gun.

/enabling.

I will give you $300 for the Frankengun with box and all contents.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Honestly you would make more selling the orphaned slide and frame seperately than as a Franken gun.

/enabling.
    You...mother#(&$#! :P

That's not a bad idea. Ill have to think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I will give you $300 for the Frankengun with box and all contents.
    And....no.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Yes, they will hang off the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well Crap...

I was panning on buying one just to have the front slide serrations and lack of a cutout on the magazine well. But I like and use the Ameriglo Bold sights...
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 10-21-2018 at 10:28 AM.

User Tag List