Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I now have over 3000 rounds through my competition 19x with a 4 lbs striker spring. Two different connectors, some version of Ghost and currently a stock dot connector, two different brands of 4 lbs striker springs. Ammo is equally spread between CCI Lawman and different versions of Federal Am Eagle. I've not had a single light strike. With previous generations of Glocks I could not get below 4.5 striker spring without getting episodic light hits. Seems to me than Gen5 gives better ignition. Anybody had the same observations?
    I have used the 4# FPS which has a trigger pull weight of about 5 OZ. less than a 4.5# spring without issue on Gen 3/4/5 Glocks.
    I prefer the trigger reset with the 4.5# spring.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I now have over 3000 rounds through my competition 19x with a 4 lbs striker spring. Two different connectors, some version of Ghost and currently a stock dot connector, two different brands of 4 lbs striker springs. Ammo is equally spread between CCI Lawman and different versions of Federal Am Eagle. I've not had a single light strike. With previous generations of Glocks I could not get below 4.5 striker spring without getting episodic light hits. Seems to me than Gen5 gives better ignition. Anybody had the same observations?
    I concur on the earlier generations- below 4.5 spring required a lighter striker for consistent ignition. The Gen 5 is a different shaped tip, that may have something to do with it. Maybe it’s lighter as well.

User Tag List