Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shadow 2 Carry Optics conversion

My friend, who kept stats, has a 10,000 average rounds to failure on a Pro over 8 of them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I had to very slightly file and polish the rear edge of the feed lips to make the mags fit in the gauge.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

You were correct about the front sight cross pin being necessary for retention of the bushing. I re-seated my bushing, installed a Dawson 0.150” black front sight, and replaced the cross pin.

I recommend anyone with a CO converted S2, reinstall the cross pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @YVK I didn’t know that about the bushing. Thanks for the info. But, I’m planning on installing a 0.150” front sight that cowitnesses with the rear BUIS notch in the Romeo.

Following this with interest. Please keep updating if can.

Update:
    Added CGW 10X hard chrome barrel bushing. Fit is very tight, but with a bit of grease, the action is smooth.

Added 0.170" tall x 0.090 wide Dawson front sight for a good cowitnesss at the very bottom of the Romeo1.

#14 Wolff recoil spring

Henning extension/Mec-gar mag with Grams follower and spring. 22 rounds, reloadable. Fits gauge.

Springer extension/Mec-gar mag with Grams follower and spring. 22 rounds, reloadable. Needed small reduction at rear of feed lips to fit gauge.

I now have 650 rounds through the gun, and it's running flawlessly.

I shot a USPSA style outlaw match. It was my first match shooting a pistol mounted optic, and it was weird. My brain did not like what it saw. I found myself feeling surprised when I hit steel, and uneasy when I shot paper. As well, I found myself shooting consistently low. I had a lot of Charlies tightly grouped at the lower A/C border. A PCC shooter suggested that this might be due to my brain thinking the dot is the fiber on my front sight. I think he might be right, and that's pretty interesting. The good news is I didn't lose the dot, and had no problems with my index even in awkward positions, thanks to this being a virtually identical gun to what I use for Production.

I was pleased to take two stage overall 2nds against some Master class PCC shooters and other serious competition (@Cheby who took 2nd overall shooting Limited). I shot clean (1 Delta), and 93% of possible points, and missed a CO match win by 1.7% due to two not-so-awesome stages.

Will I switch to CO and abandon Production? I don't think so. But, this is fun and I'm already learning some things. It will be a good way to level up, and I'm looking forward to getting more comfortable with the gun.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-18-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Update:

One Romeo1 6moa optic is back at Sig for warranty service. It wouldn't hold zero.

My other Romeo1 has 3000 rounds on it, and is working well. This optic is very bright at crisp. The 6moa dot is just the right size for USPSA type shooting.

Update:

One Romeo1 6moa optic is back at Sig for warranty service. It wouldn't hold zero.
    That is a common failure mode for the R1.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Shadow 2 Carry Optics conversion

After 3 Sig Romeo failures (~3,000 rounds per optic), I installed a 5moa SRO. The failure mode of each of the optics was drifting zero. The last one lost >6" at 7yds, twice.
    The CZC adaptor plate did not come with screws for attaching the MRO :-(, so I cut ~3.5 threads off the OEM Trijicon screws with a cutoff wheel.

That’s been my experience with Sig competition Optics too. Few thousand rounds and drifting zero.

I sent five or so back. Give your friend that wedgie.

...I installed a 5moa SRO. The CZC adaptor plate did not come with screws for attaching the MRO
    Response from CZ Custom:

6-32
    You will need to trim to fit, to avoid stripping threads.
    Can be ordered from Trijicon if you cannot source from hardware store.

It is disappointing that trimmed screws are not shipped with the plate--especially since their response hints at people stripping the aluminum plate by using screws that are too long. I mean how hard can it be to run a few hundred screws through a CNC?

Some manufacturers are their own worst enemy.

User Tag List