Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock aftermarket trigger kits that don’t compromise safety.

Site Supporter
    I’m not a Glock Guy. I have a 17G3 with Apex flat-face DUTY kit. Kept all safety margins but smoothed trigger considerably. For m ether flat face also removed the Glock safety rub on my trigger finger.

Site Supporter
    I have a Haley Strategic Skimmer Trigger on my G19(came with the gun). From their website: "Made from 100% Glock Factory parts, the Haley Strategic Skimmer enhanced carry trigger system is a non-adjustable drop in trigger for Glock handguns. The Skimmer trigger features a pre-travel reduction modification to the first stage of the trigger press. After pressing through the predictable wall, the trigger delivers a crisp and consistent break. This will allow a reduction in pre-shot muzzle movement by the shooter and allow for increased accuracy on target."
    They use to say "gives Glocks the performance of a stock 1911 using 100 percent OEM parts," but I didn't see that on their page. It is, according to them, around 4.5 pounds.
    --Jason--

I've got 2 Gen 4 19s. The only changes to either internally is to replace the safety plunger spring with a lighter spring and to use G17 stock
    triggers assemblies for the smooth trigger face.
    Glocks being how they are, this yields a rolling sub 4lb trigger in one and a crisp 5lb break in the other. The 5lb break is preceded by the usual Glock take up before the defined wall.
    If anything, I kind of prefer the heavier trigger. Using it and Dawson Chargers with the narrow notch and the thin front fiber optic I shot a 92/8.58 on the Test. I then shot it at 30 yards, again on the B-8 This resulted in a 10 shot 7 ring width pattern with 3 rounds several inches lower.
    I don't think the Trigger is what's holding me back.

I will take smooth over light in a Glock trigger.

A smooth, light Glock trigger helps me shoot close targets faster, where a smooth, heavier trigger helps me shoot groups and low prob shots easier.

A 1911 feeling trigger is definitely NOT something I am looking for in a Glock trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Though I cannot locate the *exact* link at this moment, Tamara did an stellar write up on her blog (https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com) about this very topic. I believe her assessments were the same as Tom's, with the addition that Zev's trigger is pretty much horrible. (At least in regard to the safety concern.)

Between Tam & Tom, truly excellent information has been given. I am grateful for the information I am able to glean from wizened posters here.
    Last edited by Mntneer357; 10-09-2018 at 08:33 AM.

While not an answer to the OP Q.

I have tried many of them and always come back to stock with a TTI connector, striker spring and trigger spring.

No failures, no safety concerns, no problem shooting well.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    While not an answer to the OP Q.

I have tried many of them and always come back to stock with a TTI connector, striker spring and trigger spring.

No failures, no safety concerns, no problem shooting well.
    I recently installed a TTI connector in a Gen 5 glock and I need to get to the range.

I did not go forward with the springs out of concern for potential light strikes, etc.

Given your experience - have you ever had any issues with light primer strikes or anything of that nature?

This pistol is being used for self-defense.

Thanks and by the way - I’m a huge fan of your channel and content you offer.
    God Bless,

Brandon

A Wolf 5.0 striker spring and OEM minus connector has proven reliable in so many Glock pistols, I have zero concerns with any mainstream 9mm ammo. That is what Gabe uses. OEM striker is 5.5, which becomes lighter with wear. I believe they make an even heavier one, around 6.0 for green encrusted old ammo in India.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I think both miss the mark and give consumers a false perception that their trigger is "just as safe" as OEM because it uses all OEM parts. But when you mechanically and geometrically modify those parts (I'm not talking about fancy coatings and polishing -- which can be done poorly and modify the parts and the way they are intended to function) they aren't factory/OEM parts any longer. When OEM parts require 0.100" of trigger bar movement to clear the so-called drop-safety, and modified OEM parts reduce that to 0.020" it's seems pretty clear to me that they don't offer the same safety margins. Is it enough? That's up the the individual to decide based upon their intended use. For me it's not.

My only advice is verify that the firing pin safety isn't compromised (as discussed in the link above) and that the vertical extension on the trigger hasn't been altered. But really, on a game gun that won't be carried or used for defense, do whatever you want to get the trigger that provides you with the characteristics you need.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I see them all the time.

Anytime you take OEM parts, especially the trigger bar and modify it to remove pre-travel by trimming the trigger safety and pinning the shoe you are compromising the designed safeties. I have yet to find one that doesn't.

People run them in "game" guns all the time. But consider this. Where are you most likely to drop a gun by tripping, bumping into an obstacle, barricade, etc...? Where are you guaranteed to have several people around you if and when that happens? Likely your shooting friends.

Not worth it to me. YMMV

Save your money. Buy more ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I recently installed a TTI connector in a Gen 5 glock and I need to get to the range.

I did not go forward with the springs out of concern for potential light strikes, etc.

Given your experience - have you ever had any issues with light primer strikes or anything of that nature?

This pistol is being used for self-defense.

Thanks and by the way - I’m a huge fan of your channel and content you offer.
    I have not had any issues with the TTI package and I run a variety of factory ammo.

The TTI striker spring would be the only item of concern, and it has proven to be reliable.

AND....Thank you for your support of my channel! I will be back.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

User Tag List