Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock aftermarket trigger kits that don’t compromise safety.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    You are going to get the most by changing springs. No geometry involved, little/no safety concerns...just springs. Heavy trigger return spring, lighter firing pin and firing pin safety plunger spring. Less than 10$.

Zev, minus, Ghost, Lone Wolf connectors....their is some subject differences but not worth the effort or time.

I do use an ejector block with an overtravel stop and I think it's well worth the $20.

I prefer a 5# striker spring. I used a 4.5# spring for a couple years until I either got some bad springs or bad primers. Wasn't worth it to find out so I just stick with the 5#.

The 4.5# firing pin spring works great with quality primers and with the OEM trigger spring. Best to leave the OEM trigger spring in a Glock for better trigger reset and reliability.
    The Op. is referring to a Gen 5 Glock and it would probably be difficult to find an aftermarket spring for the trigger.

I'm really excited about them fixing the rules, and will be going back to shooting a Glock in Production Optics as opposed to my Shadow 2 now that the stupid trigger rule will be gone.

Eemann tech springs have been easier to get than Wolff ones so that's what I have been playing with. Their kit of Striker , firing pin safety and trigger spring combined with a factory 2kg connector has been awesome in my Gen4. Haven't had it on a trigger scale yet but its been reliable and very shootable.

Their striker spring and a factory 2kg gives about a 4.25-4.5lb trigger in a Gen5 that is very shootable, will be playing around a little more their when my 17 Gen5 MOS lands.

All safeties remain functional and the pistols have set off a variety of primers.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

The trigger setup I'm most fond of, after a good bit of experimentation, is something I call the "Air Trigger."

-Fitz dremel wheel polish of internals and firing pin face. If rough edges are present, a slight deburr with ceramic stone by hand.
    -Zev Firing pin safety kit
    -Ghost Edge connector

The reason I call this the "Air Trigger" is that its incredibly smooth, with almost no wall or friction when pulled. Basically a smoother, lighter, shorter version of the Kahr DAO trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I'm really excited about them fixing the rules, and will be going back to shooting a Glock in Production Optics as opposed to my Shadow 2 now that the stupid trigger rule will be gone.

Eemann tech springs have been easier to get than Wolff ones so that's what I have been playing with. Their kit of Striker , firing pin safety and trigger spring combined with a factory 2kg connector has been awesome in my Gen4. Haven't had it on a trigger scale yet but its been reliable and very shootable.

Their striker spring and a factory 2kg gives about a 4.25-4.5lb trigger in a Gen5 that is very shootable, will be playing around a little more their when my 17 Gen5 MOS lands.

All safeties remain functional and the pistols have set off a variety of primers.
    Just got the Gen4 set up on a trigger scale.

Just on 4lb's.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I installed a JohnnyGlocks competition trigger and polished striker in a G5 17 that is going to Primary for a direct milled DP Pro, and it is absolutely the single best Glock trigger I have felt. My wife agrees.
    Did you try the Taran Tactical Gen 5 kit and can you compare and contrast it with Johnny Glocks if you did?

The Taran set up in a couple Gen 5s of shooting buddies is the most amazing one I've tried. Seems to maintain the pre-travel and break smooth and clean. Much lighter than stock.
    Last edited by JHC; 10-08-2018 at 07:15 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Did you try the Taran Tactical Gen 5 kit and can you compare and contrast it with Johnny Glocks if you did?

The Taran set up in a couple Gen 5s of shooting buddies is the most amazing one I've tried. Seems to maintain the pre-travel and break smooth and clean. Much lighter than stock.
    Prior to my Gen 5 Glocks I tried Vanek, DK, Johnny Glocks, OC, Taran, Vickers, Apex, Glockworks, Joe D and several others.
    In Gen 5 I have Apex, Johnny Glocks, Vanek and Vickers..
    Johnny Glocks will tune the trigger to your preference as far as trigger pull weight, type break, reset, pre travel, over travel, etc.
    With many brands everyone gets the same trigger which is good but some shooters prefer more choices.

@Tom_Jones had a take on replacement triggers that persuaded me: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Glock-triggers

His point was that
    If I was looking for a Glock aftermarket trigger, I'd only get one that used an unmodified OEM trigger bar, maintained the firing pin block integrity, and had a properly functioning safety tab on the trigger (how to determine that is a topic that requires more time than I have available right now and involves a little hand waving).
    At the time, a year ago, his conclusion was that Overwatch Precision was the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

See post 16 below.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    @Tom_Jones had a take on replacement triggers that persuaded me: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Glock-triggers

His point was that At the time, a year ago, his conclusion was that Overwatch Precision was the way to go.
    Thanks for this, this was the info I was looking for. I was going to ask Tom to comment, but didn’t want to bug him.

Edit: I also just wanted to say thanks to all those that contributed to this thread.

Personally, I’m not super picky about my triggers and can shoot everything reasonably well. People at the matches I attend tell me with with regularity that there’s no way they could shoot a Glock in production division because of the OEM trigger rules. I don’t really get it, because I never really thought it held me back, not for a second. But I will grudgingly admit that any hardware performance gain at my level is helpful. Better triggers are slightly more forgiving of input errors and shorter reset lengths help. But, to be 100% clear, I don’t think that “good” triggers are the crutch that many others do.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 10-08-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Can’t write this morning
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post

His point was that At the time, a year ago, his conclusion was that Overwatch Precision was the way to go.
    Wow. Not having great interest in after market triggers for these guns I'd missed that. Which meant I missed this gem:

"I'd also encourage anyone looking for a "1911 trigger" on a Glock to shoot a different gun, perhaps a 1911." (T.J.)

I've been told that a few times by those with a lot of time on both.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List