Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock aftermarket trigger kits that don’t compromise safety.

Glock aftermarket trigger kits that don’t compromise safety.

So, IPSC has changed their rules and are allowing after market trigger kits and pulls down to 3lbs. As much as I hate to admit it, shaving 2.5lbs off my Gen 5’s trigger would be kinda helpful on tight shots. One thing I don’t want to do though, is compromise safety.

So I ask humbly for your recommendations, as I know virtually nothing about after market triggers. Also, maybe I can tinker with my trigger myself and get it down to 3lbs with a combination of springs and widgets and connectors? Would love to hear thoughts about this as well.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Last time I heard from GJM how awesome Johnny Glock triggers were was...4 hours ago. The word is that safeties are intact.
    DK triggers also have their following.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Easy way to drop a solid pound off the factory pull is to replace the factory safety plunger spring for a Wolf reduced power safety plunger spring. I have never seen a reduced power safety plunger spring cause any issues unless it was improperly installed.

Id recommend you avoid messing with the striker spring as it will almost always lead to light primer strikes.

The Ghost 3.5 "EDGE" connector has been reliable in every Glock I've owned. I have not tried any of their lighter connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    So, IPSC has changed their rules and are allowing after market trigger kits and pulls down to 3lbs. As much as I hate to admit it, shaving 2.5lbs off my Gen 5’s trigger would be kinda helpful on tight shots. One thing I don’t want to do though, is compromise safety.

So I ask humbly for your recommendations, as I know virtually nothing about after market triggers. Also, maybe I can tinker with my trigger myself and get it down to 3lbs with a combination of springs and widgets and connectors? Would love to hear thoughts about this as well.
    Polish all trigger components including a 4.5# OEM connector and install a 4.5# firing pin spring. This will reduce your trigger pull weight by approximately 1# 8oz. and should be reliable for pistol matches.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Last time I heard from GJM how awesome Johnny Glock triggers were was...4 hours ago. The word is that safeties are intact.
    DK triggers also have their following.
    Two of the best.

I've been a pretty big fan of the Overwatch Precision offerings. I've got a TAC in my main G19.4 squeeze and the flat trigger face does wonders for helping me index my finger in the right spot every time. Takeup is significantly reduced as well, and all safeties are maintained.

Currently waiting to see if they're gonna drop a new PolyDAT for the Gen 5 before I drop one into my "backup" Glock.

I installed a JohnnyGlocks competition trigger and polished striker in a G5 17 that is going to Primary for a direct milled DP Pro, and it is absolutely the single best Glock trigger I have felt. My wife agrees.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I installed a JohnnyGlocks competition trigger and polished striker in a G5 17 that is going to Primary for a direct milled DP Pro, and it is absolutely the single best Glock trigger I have felt. My wife agrees.
    I have the same trigger in a G19X and I agree it is great.

You are going to get the most by changing springs. No geometry involved, little/no safety concerns...just springs. Heavy trigger return spring, lighter firing pin and firing pin safety plunger spring. Less than 10$.

Zev, minus, Ghost, Lone Wolf connectors....their is some subject differences but not worth the effort or time.

I do use an ejector block with an overtravel stop and I think it's well worth the $20.

I prefer a 5# striker spring. I used a 4.5# spring for a couple years until I either got some bad springs or bad primers. Wasn't worth it to find out so I just stick with the 5#.
    Last edited by nwhpfan; 10-07-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    A71593

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    If you want to go the budget route, I am very happy with the trigger I get from the Zev connector alone.

User Tag List