Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Glock aftermarket trigger kits that don’t compromise safety.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    So what's the consensus on using the 6lb trigger spring over the stock spring? For me, it seems like it slows down the reset but others swear that it increases it (no idea how that's possible?).
    Causes weak reset and can possibly cause no reset when using a 4# firing pin spring. The firing pin spring and the trigger spring need to be close in weight to function properly.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Causes weak reset and can possibly cause no reset when using a 4# firing pin spring. The firing pin spring and the trigger spring need to be close in weight to function properly.
    Thank you. What if I'm using all stock springs and just swap out to the 6lb trigger spring?

Thank you. What if I'm using all stock springs and just swap out to the 6lb trigger spring?
    I would keep the OEM trigger spring and try a 4.5# firing pin spring if it is a range only pistol.
    Anything lighter "May" cause light strikes with some ammunition unless you go with a lightweight firing pin.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I would keep the OEM trigger spring and try a 4.5# firing pin spring if it is a range only pistol.
    Anything lighter "May" cause light strikes with some ammunition unless you go with a lightweight firing pin.
    I'm guessing you recommend 100% stock for carry?

I'm guessing you recommend 100% stock for carry?
    From my experience with many Glocks over many years a minus connector and a 4.5# firing pin spring works well as long as the you practice preventative maintenance.
    Federal ammunition or primers is a good choice when using a reduced power FPS which you may want to change every 5,000 rounds. YMMV

Does anyone have any experience with reduced power safety plunger springs?

Does anyone have any experience with reduced power safety plunger springs?
    Used a bunch, no issues found. Polish the plunger (easy, cheap, good) or buy an aftermarket re-contoured / polished plunger (probably overkill).
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Today I saw a local firearms trainer make a video showing how he rounds off the edges on a gen 5 safety plunger, essentially making it round on the bottom facing trigger bar. That cannot be safe, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Easy way to drop a solid pound off the factory pull is to replace the factory safety plunger spring for a Wolf reduced power safety plunger spring. I have never seen a reduced power safety plunger spring cause any issues unless it was improperly installed.

Id recommend you avoid messing with the striker spring as it will almost always lead to light primer strikes.

The Ghost 3.5 "EDGE" connector has been reliable in every Glock I've owned. I have not tried any of their lighter connectors.
    So I just installed a reduced power plunger spring and it did as you suggested. It’s pull is now just over 5lbs. I dropped a 3.5 connector in my Gen 2 and it reduced the trigger pull by over 2lbs. It is now at about 4.5lbs. I tend to think that older gens respond better to replacing the connector than the Gen 5.

I now have a training gun with a better trigger pull than my competition gun. Only mods on my Gen 5 are a 3.5lb connector and a reduced power plunger spring.

The Gen 5’s trigger has gotten grittier over time. I suspect the peening on the safety plunger and the rubbing of the trigger bar against the crappy finish of the right side of the slide release is the culprit. No amount of cleaning seems to help it. It’s not horrible, just noticeable when shooting groups. Shooting at speed, I don’t notice it. I wish Glock made a single sided OEM Gen 5 slide release. I would buy one in a heatbeat.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Make your own. Slice that side off.

User Tag List