Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Glock aftermarket trigger kits that don’t compromise safety.

I am pretty much over Glock pistols these days, having reduced my inventory to only two . . . . a G43 and a Gen 3 Vickers Edition G19.

I shot G17's, G34's, and G19's pretty extensively in competition for about three years, and carried one version or another of the Glock platform regularly.

Tried lots of trigger combinations, including "do-it-yourself" and aftermarket.

My personal all-time favorites were from glocktriggers.com

The Gen 3 Vickers G19 I still own has one of their "Vogel" model triggers and the G43 has one of their "G43" models (imagine that!).

But the single best trigger I have ever felt in a Glock pistol were the "Edge models from glocktriggers.com that I had in two Gen 3 G34 pistols. The "Vogel" is almost exactly like the "Edge"model, but the pre-travel hasn't been removed from the "Vogel" model.

I shot Bob Vogel's G34 with a "Vogel" trigger in it in Texas at a training seminar and his trigger felt exactly like the one I have in my Vickers G19.

I never had even a single reliability issue with ANY of the "Edge", "Vogel", or "G43" triggers, and that included LOTS of shooting, with handloaded mmo and numerous brands of factory ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Make your own. Slice that side off.
    Can’t modify it in Production IPSC rules, otherwise it would have been gone a lone time ago.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

The Apex Kit I put in my 19.5 is the best trigger I’ve ever had in a Glock. It’s a very smooth rolling break. Not everyone likes that kind of break though. It started out in a Gen 5 34, then a Gen 5 17, and now the 19. It has felt basically the same in all of them.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Just an update here, I installed a brand new OEM safety plunger to replace the peened one that was in the gun. Trigger pull is now under 5lbs, it dropped about 1/2 lb over what it was before. I may try a 4.5 lb firing pin spring after the season is over, I really don’t want to mess with anything more with big matches coming up. I also have a brand new slide release to install, which may further improve things (the finish on the original is flaking off).
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List