Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Glock aftermarket trigger kits that don’t compromise safety.

Funnily enough not an hour ago I checked something on a mates G15 Gen5. Apex trigger and trigger bar. Drop safety failed.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I have not experimented a lot, or tried any full drop in trigger kits, but I prefer to keep it simple and just change the connector, Plunger spring, and striker spring to 5.0#. I’ve recently been experimenting with a 4.5# spring in my gen5, which was not 100% reliable on CCI primers in my gen4 34, but has so far been 100% through about 1500 rounds in the gen5 34. I’ll probably go with a 5# spring at nationals though.

Thanks Tom. Very helpful. Pics are not actually all that shitty.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    [mini-rant](nor do they have a "trigger shoe" but that's a different rant).
    I resemble that remark.

I only use the term because trigger and trigger bar confuse most people when describing the part.

Technically it's the trigger with trigger bar attached.
    Last edited by PensFan; 10-10-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Threads like this are why I keep my mouth shut and listen.

Awesome stuff. Learning a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gen 5 is very different than Gen 3/4 pistols in how the trigger changes with modification. After evaluating the Taran Gen 5 connector, OEM minus, OEM minus polished connector and the JohnnyGlocks Gen 5 trigger, I feel like the factory dot connector combined with a 5.0 striker spring for carry and possibly a 4.5 striker spring for gaming is, far and away both the best bang for the buck and the most consistent trigger. The JohnnyGlocks trigger system at $270 for trigger and polished striker is definitely lighter, but only you can decide whether that is worth the investment.

Now if you are still running stock sights, I bet we you can get $100 worth of value out of a set of Dawson fiber optics!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Gen 5 is very different than Gen 3/4 pistols in how the trigger changes with modification. After evaluating the Taran Gen 5 connector, OEM minus, OEM minus polished connector and the JohnnyGlocks Gen 5 trigger, I feel like the factory dot connector combined with a 5.0 striker spring for carry and possibly a 4.5 striker spring for gaming is, far and away both the best bang for the buck and the most consistent trigger. The JohnnyGlocks trigger system at $270 for trigger and polished striker is definitely lighter, but only you can decide whether that is worth the investment.

Now if you are still running stock sights, I bet we you can get $100 worth of value out of a set of Dawson fiber optics!
    This was my experience as well (minus the 5# striker spring - I did not try one). I tried the TTI, minus, polished minus, Guardian trigger kit, and apex connector and still ended up shooting best with the dot connector and stock trigger bar in the G5. All of those connectors felt better during dry fire; however, during live fire I shot the dot connector better across the full spectrum of shooting (speed up close, speed at distance, SHO/WHO, and slow fire at distance).

I have found that I have to shoot a G5 trigger different than any of the other generations. The additional "roll" in the G5 forces me to press the first shot similar to that of a DA or LEM - a longer, consistent press without stops. I used to be able to prep a G4 just to the break point and then break shots but I have found that this does not work for me with the G5. Adding connectors that increase the roll sensation lead to poorer performance. With that said, I shoot the G5s better than previous generations.
    Last edited by thward89; 10-14-2018 at 04:50 PM.

I just put a JohnnyGlocks competition trigger, polished striker and 4.5 pound striker spring into a G5 34 my wife is evaluating, and she started making noises one doesn’t usually associate with a Glock, or even firearms.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just put a JohnnyGlocks competition trigger, polished striker and 4.5 pound striker spring into a G5 34 my wife is evaluating, and she started making noises one doesn’t usually associate with a Glock, or even firearms.
    Careful lest you be replaced with a piece of hardware.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

So what's the consensus on using the 6lb trigger spring over the stock spring? For me, it seems like it slows down the reset but others swear that it increases it (no idea how that's possible?).

User Tag List