Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get "rolling break" in Gen 4 G19?

How to get "rolling break" in Gen 4 G19?

So I recently tried the NY1/"-" combo in a G19 Gen 3, and loved it. My question is how do I get that same feel in a Gen 4? My inclination is to take out the Gen 4 trigger bar and replace it with a Gen 3 trigger bar, then just use the NY1 spring and "-" connector as in a Gen 3. From what I can gather by scouring the interwebs is that it's the Gen 4 trigger bar that was causing such a crappy trigger pull (like in Todd's G17 Gen 4 endurance test IIRC). Is this the only culprit? Or does the new Gen 4 trigger housing have something to do with it as well?

Thanks for the help

-Max

Oh man it seems like each Glock pistol is a one off re trigger feel with different connectors. Have you tried the dot connector yet? LWD minus has been sort of like this with some guns although recall Todd's broke in not so many rounds. He never found the real answer to what you ask.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oh man it seems like each Glock pistol is a one off re trigger feel with different connectors. Have you tried the dot connector yet? LWD minus has been sort of like this with some guns although recall Todd's broke in not so many rounds. He never found the real answer to what you ask.
    Agree with different guns having different results...I see it coming more from the trigger housing than the trigger bars. Reason being, my Gen 3 19 w/ Gen 3 17 trigger bar and dot connector has a completely different feel than my Gen 4 19 w/ Gen 3 17 trigger bar and stock dot connector. Gen 4 still feels the same for the most part but I get a good rolling break on the Gen 3 (which I didn't care for and removed quickly)

The most rolling break I've ever done on a Glock is a Gen4 G34, factory '-' connector, and a Wolff reduced power striker spring. But, this pistol might be something of an anomaly.

Another good reason to have two identical pistols is so you can change the trigger in one, then try them side-by-side.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Recently I replaced the factory minus in a gen 3 RTF 17 with a dot connector and feel it gives me more of a rolling break.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yeah I tried the Dot Connector, only in dry fire though. That's one of the crappy things about being here in Lawton, no where to (legally) shoot. Sure I could just go to some gas station after midnight and probably end up pulling the trigger, but I dont think I would be paying enough attention to how the trigger feels!!

The dot connector with the standard spring gives a little bit more of a roll than a gen 3 standard set up, but not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I'll just have to try the Gen 3 trigger bar with the NY1 and "-" next time I make it a range, as dry fire just isn't quite the same...

Thanks for the thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax17 View Post
    Yeah I tried the Dot Connector, only in dry fire though. That's one of the crappy things about being here in Lawton, no where to (legally) shoot. Sure I could just go to some gas station after midnight and probably end up pulling the trigger, but I dont think I would be paying enough attention to how the trigger feels!!

The dot connector with the standard spring gives a little bit more of a roll than a gen 3 standard set up, but not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I'll just have to try the Gen 3 trigger bar with the NY1 and "-" next time I make it a range, as dry fire just isn't quite the same...

Thanks for the thoughts!
    Yeah I've not found a "rolling" trigger like I grew up with on K frames. I thought there was a range on Sill? Although it sounded like a major PIA to meet rules for transporting on and off post.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I installed one of the "Vogel" trigger kits from GlockTriggers.com in my dedicated IDPA G34. It is about as good as it gets for a rolling break from my experience.

Do you consider the Vogel trigger to light for CCW use?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Do you consider the Vogel trigger to light for CCW use?
    John,

Not at all for me. It just feels like a smoother version of my Gen4 G17 duty pistol's trigger.

I installed the 4.5lb striker spring from the kit in my G34 and the trigger breaks right @ 4.0lbs. The 5.0lb striker spring was right @ 4.5lbs.

User Tag List