Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So called official defense ammo testing conducted

what a waste of good brisket

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    what a waste of good brisket
    /thread.

Did the OP just do a Drive-By Spamming of the PF?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Did the OP just do a Drive-By Spamming of the PF?
    Did not click link in OP, but yea it sure as shit feels like

Oct 2018 join date as well.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Thanks Docgkr. I was actually provided the link by Underwood after questioning the validity of their Lehigh projectiles. After reading it I felt rather puzzled, so I emailed the authors. They attempted to “educate” me on how top shelf government their testing was and how the ballistics and fluid transfer of this ammo functions. They would be happy to let me attend one of their ballistics courses. So apparently they are teaching this stuff.

Never posted on here before, but I’ve followed the ammo section for years. After seeing the effort these...experts...put forth, I figured it was worth posting. I’m almost concerned they actually do present this to law enforcement agencies and provide ballistic instruction classes. So shady.

SPD83--Thank you for bringing it to all of our attention; it is indeed "shady", not to mention inaccurate, dishonest, and unethical.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD83 View Post
    Thanks Docgkr. I was actually provided the link by Underwood after questioning the validity of their Lehigh projectiles. After reading it I felt rather puzzled, so I emailed the authors. They attempted to “educate” me on how top shelf government their testing was and how the ballistics and fluid transfer of this ammo functions. They would be happy to let me attend one of their ballistics courses. So apparently they are teaching this stuff.

Never posted on here before, but I’ve followed the ammo section for years. After seeing the effort these...experts...put forth, I figured it was worth posting. I’m almost concerned they actually do present this to law enforcement agencies and provide ballistic instruction classes. So shady.
    The fact that Underwood is pushing this trash is concerning.

About what one would expect.

How many small ammo vendors perform valid pressure or terminal performance testing and adhere to industry and USG standards vs. how many over the years have made outlandish unverified claims which later turned out to be blatantly false?
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The fact that Underwood is pushing this trash is concerning.
    "Marketing" not "scientifically valid research"... Far too many folks fall for the "nuke level velocities" at "standard pressures" stuff.

I know some folks here like Underwood, and Buffalo Bore, etc... and it is possible that they are making good quality ammo. But you can't get something for nothing. I've hotrodded my own handloads enough to know the truth.

I withdrawal calling the OP a spammer.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to find my bottle of Frank's Red Hot to go with my foot.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List