Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So called official defense ammo testing conducted

So called official defense ammo testing conducted

This document is from a recent “official” testing that confirms the Underwood/Lehigh defenders design is superior to expanding loads and ones in fact cause some fluid transfer mediated damage. According to the authors, this test was for law enforcer and the military. Docgkr, any opinion on this?

I’ve attached the file here and the link as well.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/d0ba783a795f...&alloworigin=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW--LOTs of data

I saved the file and will print it for further reading. Of course, ANY test in which the 357Sig doesn't 'win' is automatically bogus. (JOKE, that's a JOKE!)

Read and learn.

Meanwhile, on this unusually cool late-summer day in the desert after a thunderstorm that dumped at least an inch on Phoenix overnite, I'm off to expansion/penetration tests of my new combo, an M&P 357Sig (4.25" barrel) and Fed. Premium Tactical 125g. HST ammo.

9mm results, 147g. HSTs:

Maybe I missed it. Who exactly was involved in this, and why should we consider them qualified? Document is about as cryptic as the Strasbourg Goat Tests.

was a keg involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Galbraith View Post
    Maybe I missed it. Who exactly was involved in this, and why should we consider them qualified? Document is about as cryptic as the Strasbourg Goat Tests.

I am always impressed when a supposed LE test is unable to spell marshal and sheriff correctly.

" Marshalls, two Texas State departments, 4 police and Sherriff departments"
    Last edited by xcop; 10-07-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by xcop View Post
    I am always impressed when a supposed LE test is unable to spell marshal and sheriff correctly.

" Marshalls, two Texas State departments, 4 police and Sherriff departments"

Exactly. This looks like a bunch of bullshit made up by someone with too much time on their hands.

I skimmed it but things like “Over penetration is a myth” and :

FMJs are the second most used by all the agencies involved in this test. They are also the most used training ammunition. They are typically not the first choice for defensive ammunition but they do have three very good characteristics.
    All scream a bull shit.

I’m personally familiar with two OIS involving modern JHP duty ammunition which resulted in through and through wounds.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-07-2018 at 03:06 PM.

lolz what the fuck is this.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    lolz what the fuck is this.
    Bullshit?

When you throw in words like "official", "sanitized" and "unclassified" it makes it sound UBER cool and freaking special....

Reading just a fraction of this clusterfuck, you can tell the twit is rather poorly edjumicated to say the least.

BTW Mr author; the skin IS an organ, and like it has been previously pointed out, if you cannot spell marshal and sheriff correctly (and you are in LE) then you instantly lose (or loose in your world) any credibility you may have ever once had.

Next they will say they have personally written a bunch of probably cause affi-davids...

Cops are their own worst enemas.

I guess the "unsanitized" "Classified" version must be super ninja important, and only available to G14 classified people....

Like marrshalls, or Walker Texas Ragnar.

I've been involved with a number of USG joint ballistic tests--this is NOT one of them.

There are so many errors in this document, it would be difficult to list them all without spending many hours (although I will be happy to do so if someone wants to compensate me for hours of wasted time...).

The linked video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026N215JeGQ) is ludicrous--because USG joint service wound ballistic testing is always done outside the lab by hanging deli meat and shooting it (for those of you that did not catch it, the preceding comment includes a healthy dose of sarcasm)...

I truly hope no one actually believes the veracity of this "report".

As an aside, it was nice of Viper Weapons Training LLC to use at least one of our photos on their website without asking permission....
    Last edited by DocGKR; 10-07-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List