3 2.36%
  • Hollywood, CZ, real men lower hammers manually

3 2.36%
  • Mods here are the best!

4 3.15%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Best DA/SA Decocker design

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    My Walther P99 requires me to take my grip apart more in order to reach the decocking button when using just my left hand, so I don't like that as much.
    The fact that it's on the left side of the slide only is a knock against it ergonomically, yeah. That said, I find that I can *just* get it with my strong hand thumb (right handed), and I like the fact that it can be used as a pseudo-gadget, at least by right-handed shooters.

Which is wrong, as the paddle magazine release is superior.
    Agreed, but we're in the minority, at least in the USA.

I got very used to SW PC spring loaded decockers. It was my duty weapon from 1998 - 2008.

I had a SW CQB 4563, CQB 4566 and my fav back then was DPA 5906.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Which is wrong, as the paddle magazine release is superior.
    Right or wrong, the button magazine release is the future, the “paddle guys” (Walther, HK), are now offering buttons, not the other way around.

Betamax was a far superior video format to VHS, yet it didn’t matter in the end.

On the other hand, Blu-ray was better than HD-DVD and rightfully won out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    On the other hand, Blu-ray was better than HD-DVD and rightfully won out.
    Offering greater data capacity with no apparent down side made it easy to see that Blu-ray was better for anyone who bothered to look at the specs - there was no subjectivity to it.

Given that button vs paddle involves ergonomic differences, it becomes more subjective. I'm not sure "button is the future" is really the right way to say it so much as "paddles are rare, therefore they confuse many shooters." The number of times I've had to instruct the RO at the chrono station at the section match on how to remove the mag from my P99 after s/he got done shooting it beats the number of times they knew how without asking at something like a 4:1 ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Offering greater data capacity with no apparent down side made it easy to see that Blu-ray was better for anyone who bothered to look at the specs - there was no subjectivity to it.
    Specs be damned, HD-DVD didn’t work for crap. One spec of dust and it didn’t work. I still have one of my HD-DVD player, and 25+ disks.

But back on track, as the thread in neither about media devices or magazine releases.
    Last edited by Bucky; 10-14-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I've been in the Xbox ecosystem for 12 years and there was a very brief window where I tried to convince myself when Playstation was Blu-Ray and Xbox was HD-DVD, but Blu-Ray was just PROFOUNDLY better objectively. I just hunkered down and waited for Blu-Ray to win, which mercifully didn't take long.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

The Classic sig decocker failure to fire thing is a reality for me. I can make it happen on demand.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The Classic sig decocker failure to fire thing is a reality for me. I can make it happen on demand.
    I had not heard of this, but my time with Sigs was quite brief.

User Tag List