Thread: G34 gen 5 trigger (troubleshooting)

G34 gen 5 trigger (troubleshooting)

I have a new G34 gen 5 with less than 1000 rounds through it and I am starting to have some trigger issues that just crept up during a range session.

What would cause a gen 5 trigger to get “gritty”, increase trigger pull weight, and stack up in the 2nd stage of a Glock pull? In the middle of a range session the trigger went from a fairly smooth (for a Glock) 3.5lb trigger pull to a very gritty +6lb trigger pull.

All factory internals except a 5lb Wolff striker. It comes stock with a (-) connector. I polished the connector, trigger bar, and safety plunger with Flitz.

I stripped and cleaned the gun. Reassembled and still the trigger is ROUGH. You can even hear metal to metal grinding back by the connector and ejector assembly.

Suggestions? Any troubleshooting idea? This is my only gen 5 so I don’t have any way to swap parts to troubleshoot.

Site Supporter
    Last edited by HCM; 10-06-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Had the same problem with my G34.5...clean the connector and trigger bar thoroughly and put a good bit of grease where they meet.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Thank you!

User Tag List