Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outrage after MS high school band glamorizes police being murdered

Site Supporter
    The halftime show is supposedly based on the 2002 movie "John Q" in which Denzell Washington portrays a man taking hostages in a hospital to obtain treatment for his son. I probably saw the movie, but don't recall an anti-law enforcement spin to it. I find it difficult to believe that high school students found a movie produced when they were toddlers particularly iconic and suspect this was used by teachers and students as a means top express hate and encourage violence against law enforcement while trying to avoid responsibility by blaming one of a beloved actor's less memorable films.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    The halftime show is supposedly based on the 2002 movie "John Q" in which Denzell Washington portrays a man taking hostages in a hospital to obtain treatment for his son. I probably saw the movie, but don't recall an anti-law enforcement spin to it. I find it difficult to believe that high school students found a movie produced when they were toddlers particularly iconic and suspect this was used by teachers and students as a means top express hate and encourage violence against law enforcement while trying to avoid responsibility by blaming one of a beloved actor's less memorable films.

I choose to believe it was done with malice aforethought.
    Last edited by blues; 10-06-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Thanks for the link. I fired off an email of disgust asking that the adult band leader be fired.

Their parents must be proud. Tragically, they probably are.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Ok, our kid's high school band is a perrennial state and national competitor, with lots of competitions. I never saw anything like that, ever.

That's on the band teachers, who should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That’s not gonna happen but the adult staff members like the band director who allowed or even encouraged this need to be fired.
    Exactly. That's not teaching music or competition. That's someone's BS idea of a protest.

I am just going to say again: The majority of our schools are indoctrination centers that are allowing liberal educators to radicalize children on the taxpayers dime. They are churning out millions of little David Hoggs every year right under our noses.

Site Supporter
    As this is relatively local to me- I’ve seen it unfold, and even know officers who were at the game. The only good news is that every politician even remotely involved has come down hard to condemn this. The Mayor of Jackson, who as far as I can tell had nothing to do with any of this, publicly apologized to the mayor of Brookhaven.

Lot of useless cunts in this country.

Forever a minor forgettable component of a societal skidmark in American history. With luck, a selfie and a geyser will invoke Darwin soon enough to prevent any tax money from being burned on them.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    A protest? How about hate speech? That was a display to teach and encourage hatred and violence towards any and all police officers. From what a remember about the movie was a condemnation of our healthcare system. Any employee that had a part of it should be fired. Go Do “art” at a private school.

User Tag List