Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 289: MQC

Week 289: MQC

Week 289: MQC

Results may be posted until November 5th, 2018.

Designed by: Clark Jackson, with consultation from Kevin B., karmapolice, and Mr_White
    Range: 3-25 yards
    Target: See below
    Start position: See below
    Rounds fired: 45

Target preparation: Use any silhouette target. Fold an 8.5x11” paper in half so that it measures 8.5x5.5” and place it vertically in the high thoracic cavity of the silhouette target. Add a 3x3” square (standard-size Post-It note) to the center of the head of the silhouette. These two zones are referred to as “body” and “head” respectively.

You will also need a timer, and a tall barricade of any type. An improvised barrier (such as another target stand with targets on it) is fine.

Stage 1 – 3 yards

Part A: Start holstered. At the start signal, take one step left or right and draw, and shoot 3 rounds to the body. Time limit 2 seconds.

Part B: Repeat Part A.

Stage 2 – 3 yards

Part A: Start holstered. At the start signal, take one step left or right and draw, and shoot 2 rounds to the body and 1 to the head. Time limit is 2.5 seconds.

Part B: Start at a high compressed ready position. At the start signal, take one step left or right and present the gun, and shoot 3 rounds to the body and 1 to the head. Time limit is 2 seconds.

Stage 3 – 7 yards

Part A: Start holstered. At the start signal, take one step left or right and draw, and shoot 4 rounds to the body and 1 round to the head. Time limit is 4.5 seconds.

Part B: Start holstered. At the start signal, take on step left or right and draw, and shoot 3 rounds to the body and 1 round to the head. Time limit is 4.0 seconds.

Part C: Start at a high compressed ready position. At the start signal, present the gun and shoot 2 rounds to the body and 1 to the head. Time limit is 2.5 seconds.

Stage 4 – 7 yards

Start holstered. At the start signal, draw and shoot 3 rounds to the body using strong hand only, transfer to the support hand and shoot 3 rounds to the body using support hand only. Time limit 7 seconds.

Stage 5 – 15 yards

Part A: Start holstered. At the start signal, draw and shoot 4 rounds to the body. Time limit is 5 seconds.

Part B. Start at a high compressed ready position. At the start signal, present the gun and shoot 2 rounds to the body. Time limit is 2.5 seconds.

Stage 6 – 25 yards (requires tall barricade)

Part A: Start holstered, standing one step to the rear and one step to the right of the barricade. At the start signal, move to cover and draw, and shoot 2 rounds to the body from kneeling left side barricade, and 2 rounds to the body from standing right side of the barricade. Time limit is 15 seconds.

Part B: Start holstered, standing one step to the rear and one step to the left of the barricade. At the start signal, move to cover and draw, and shoot 2 rounds to the body from kneeling right side barricade, and 2 rounds to the body from standing left side of the barricade. Time limit is 15 seconds.

Scoring: Rounds that strike the 8.5x5.5” body target zone score 5 points each. Designated shots to the head that strike the 3x3” head target zone score 10 points each. The remainder of the silhouette is 0 points. Rounds fired over the time limit count as 0 points. Rounds that impact off the silhouette result in a total score of 0 (DQ.) To observe score most accurately, score and paste after each Stage. 175 points (70%) is considered a 'passing' score.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used
    Points scored on each Stage
    Total points out of 250 possible
    Pass or Fail
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: G19-5, in a MMT Lumen under a closed front shirt and fleece
    Points scored on each Stage: It was raining so I didn’t have my notebook out to record the points during each stage I only tallied the total at the end. I shot both Stage 1 strings in 2.01s so those third shots were missed. I only landed one headshot successfully. I dropped 25 points at the 25y stage.
    Total points out of 250 possible: 160/250
    Pass or Fail: Fail
    Anything you noticed: hitting a 3x3 is a lot harder than hitting a 3x5. I’ll try shooting this again next weekend. Hopefully the weather is drier and I can score and paste after each stage. The time standards you guys settled on seemed fair. I finished Stage 4 at exactly 7s. I failed to use all my time at 25y efficiently as usual.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Ran this today with a friend. Pistol gen4 19, Eidolon holster, zip front hoody.
    Used two stacked barrels for the barricade.
    I wish I would have put more thought into the scoring sheet prior to starting and not trying to read each stage from my smallish phone. Our score sheet was such a mess in the end that I ended up just tallying the total body and head hits.
    I was over par time on 2B and 4.
    Ended up with 30 rounds on the body and only two rounds to the head box.
    30 x5 =150 (body). 2 x10 =20 (head)
    170 total. Fail.

I noticed that my transitions to the smallish head box were the most discouraging and really need to work on this.
    This felt very much like a few ill fated attempts at the FAM qualification, where I have made the par times or the hits, but not together for a passing score.

When I started using 3x5 cards in place of larger targets a few years back (thanks to this site) I noticed a big improvement in focus. Apparently I need to keep working at it. Fun stuff.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

The initiative and effort involved in developing this CoF is truly commendable. Having been privy to much of the development/refinement, I am glad to see this posted as a DotW. I look forward to seeing the results.
    C Class shooter.

Sig 226, OWB concealed t-shirt
    180/250

I should have read the previous posts on scoring. Mine was a mess and I tried to do it from my phone while taking notes (short on time). Next time I'm going to past between strings and use a pen and paper. I ended up just tallying the total points factoring the OT shots. I had shots over the time limit on 1a, 2b, and 4. One of my overtime shots was a miss, so maybe I picked a good time to miss as I'm assuming that's only one deduction. If not, my score would go down by 5 points. This was a great drill and I plan on doing it again. Thank you to the guys that developed it and thanks for posting it.

Name:  MQC.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  46.1 KB

Shot this this afternoon on lit indoor range. GLOCK Model45, 9x19mm, with GLOCK 3 dot night sights. I was overtime with one shot and dropped that hit; disappointed with my 25 yard shooting-several misses off scoring area-and did not take all the allowed time. Additionally, due to old knees and injuries, shot around both sides of barricade, reducing time to 12.5 seconds(still under time).
    Total 190 points,pass-can do better-and will.
    Tenicor OWB, unconcealed.
    I like this drill; no reloads under time, some starts at ready, and realistic distances with non standard responses.
    Thanks to those who designed it, and look forward to running it again.

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: Gen5 G17 in a Keeper concealed under a polo shirt
    Points scored on each Stage: all points except Stage 6 where I dropped one shot kneeling at the left side of the barricade (35/40 points)
    Total points out of 250 possible: 245
    Pass or Fail: Pass
    Anything you noticed: I think this is a deceptively challenging course of fire. The times by themselves aren't easy, but they aren't too hard either and some of them are pretty generous. Most of the accuracy requirements aren't very hard - though the 25 yard shots from a barricade are pretty challenging in my opinion. But the time and accuracy requirements together, along with the all-or-nothing scoring, combines to create a tough course that good shooters will struggle to clean. I appreciate all the work Clark Jackson put into this. It's a well considered and constructed course.

[imb]20181010_171728 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Very nice, Mr. White!
    Took some shots at it again at lunch-lit indoor range. Gen5 Model45(9)GLOCK,out of a Tenicor OWB holster, unconcealed, GLOCK night sights.
    All times made, and clean on points up to 7 yard head shots-and I had time. So a little surprised and mildly frustrated.
    Got all 3 shooting hand shots; think I shot all 3 support slight left. Need to practice the things we don’t do well...
    No kneeling @25, 12 second par, still had time left.
    Interestingly, 190 points again: pass.
    The close shots are “sporty” for time, so I should try this concealed. I continue to appreciate this eval.for its emphasis up close and non standard # of shots. Also like the accuracy requirement; think it “works” for different target aspects.
    Do a little work@25 for some more points-and the dang support hand!

Another run at this: G45(9) concealed under a windbreaker out of a Tenicor ARX holster.
    200 points(!)=Pass. One ot shot out of the gate(2.26);dropped that hit, and the rest were under time, some well under.
    I focused on the “head” shots in particular, and was rewarded with all hits.
    Have some work to do on support hand shooting; I did a “5 yard roundup” immediately after, and got a 98- the two points down being 2”9s” support hand only.
    I continue to appreciate this drill for its practicalities in terms of time, relevant distances, non standard shots(3&4 rounds, etc.) and now, concealable relevance.
    Will try one more go at it after some support hand dry fire.
    Thanks again!

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: Gen 4 Glock 17, Safariland ALS, No Concealment
    Points scored on each Stage Did not record, however, target was clean until SHO/WHO transition stage
    Total points out of 250 possible 190
    Pass or Fail: Pass
    Anything you noticed:

I need to work more on SHO and WHO shooting. Ended up dropping my final WHO right on the buzzer. I think I can clean over 200 with work on this specific skillset. I know I was at least 4 bodies down after that stage, and clean up until it. That's a problem. This is the second time I've shot this. First was with @karmapolice a couple weeks back, but don't remember what my score was (180 maybe?) I really focused on my headshots today and was pleased to have them all in!

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List