Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9mm 1911 slide is locking back under recoil... (Beater Pistol Project continued)

Make sure the plunger tube is staked properly. Consider replacing the plunger tube assembly and in particular the plunger tube assembly spring.

Additional info about your issue from another forum.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=460799

From the slide stop lever picture it may help to mill a slight detent in the lever so that the plunger pin stays in place under recoil

I had the same symptoms with my 45 ACP 1911 and this was the fix. Your mileage may vary, but I would start with the slide stop lever detent.

I have been out of town and busy with other projects (re building my stair case to keep my bride happy)... will eventually get this sorted out and report back. I have several weeks of leave to burn before the end of the year...

I do appreciate all the advice I get here. It is why I stick around. No matter how much I think I know, there is always more to learn.

Sent from my iPhone
    (So Excuse the typos)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List