Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E-forms Form 1 is back !

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So with an AR, if I engrave the barrel, and have more than one upper, say a .33LR, a 5.56, and a .300 BO would I need to engrave all three ?
    Would putting a different barrel/upper on the lower be a permanent modification?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So with an AR, if I engrave the barrel, and have more than one upper, say a .33LR, a 5.56, and a .300 BO would I need to engrave all three ?
    Yes, if the barrel length is below 16" and they will be mated with the registered lower. Anything that completes the SBR configuration of a barrel length under 16" must be marked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Would putting a different barrel/upper on the lower be a permanent modification?
    Just curious, how does permanent or not matter?

-edit-
    Last edited by Dan_S; 10-08-2018 at 03:01 AM.

The engraving must not be obscured. If there is room on the barrel, I prefer marking there as opposed to the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Yes, if the barrel length is below 16" and they will be mated with the registered lower. Anything that completes the SBR configuration of a barrel length under 16" must be marked.
    There is no such thing as a registered lower. Only complete rifles can be registered. If the barrel was marked for registration, a replacement barrel does not need to be marked however.

User Tag List