Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GRAIL GUNS (for me)

A grail revolver for me would be a snubby Python.

Love that quilted maple.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    That 22 is gorgeous, I love large frame fixed sighted six-guns in a Tom Threepersons holster for woods carry.

I have an empty one I need to fill

This...there's something about fixed-sighted N-frames.

Doc Sherm; congrats on your awesome finds.

-Rainman

i just got my second and last holy grail gun, a ruger blackhawk 45acp/lc, the mag is my 45acp speedloader. the first was a ruger blackhawk 357/38/9.

Name:  DE1E8049-79A4-414E-8329-8DC3E9685057.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  85.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A Model 14 has been on my short list too, and guess what... found a nice one at a gun show over the weekend not even five miles from my house. Also a 14-3. Eight days to go on the California 10-day wait but who's counting... already loaded up a bunch of 148 HBWC to be able to try it out quickly.

Funny how these things work. I'd made it 90% of the way through the show, hadn't really seen anything I had to have. Stopped to talk to a good friend, as he headed back to his table I looked down and... first thing I saw.

If I could get away with it, on my last night on the job, I'd strap on my Model 14 in a Safety Speed Holster. That would be awesome.

I dearly want a vintage 22 or 24.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 10-30-2018 at 02:47 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

GRAIL GUNS (for me)

What I like about the 14 is I feel like I get the balance and feel/pointability of the 19 without the grime ring building up in the cylinder and precluding .357 use.

I shoot a couple cylinders of magnums in between every six or so of .38’s, in my magnum guns to keep that polymerization from happening as quickly. Banging them out with a brush is handy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 10-30-2018 at 08:25 AM. Reason: FAT FINGERED IT

User Tag List