Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi auto 12G

Disadvantage being they’re 3x the price

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Disadvantage being they’re 3x the price
    Not the Novas (and/or if you buy used) . I just sold a 21" Camo M1 last week for $700 with a full set of brand new Trulock chokes.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I knew the pumps were cheap. I meant the semis. $700 used is great.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    There's an 870P listed for sale in the classifieds that's a great deal. Includes ext. tube, surefire forend, WC sidesaddle, speedfeed stock at $600. I have an 870P set up similarly (magpul, not speedfeed stock; otherwise basically identical) and I am quite happy with it. My pump is for personal defense only, however. It would not be a good choice for 3 gun or hunting.

when I was in the market or a semi auto 12G, I came to the conclusion that a used Benelli M2 was probably the best value for the dollar. It will, however, almost certainly exceed your $500 budget cap.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 10-05-2018 at 09:32 PM.

I finally found a pawn shop queen Browning Auto-5. Paid $300 and tax. Took years to find it.

For a pump, I'd not even think, just get a Benelli Nova, if the stock fits you, if not get the Super Nova as it's adjustable. There's is no finer pump gun.

Site Supporter
    I own one Benelli Super Nova and several 870s. The Benelli is a very interesting shotgun, but I don't like it as much as the 870s. Of course if I shot it more, maybe the action would smooth out and then I'd like it more.

Pump guns are cheap right now. I paid $161 (+ shipping and transfer fees) for what appears to be an 870P without "Police" marked on the receiver. I'd guess it was made in the mid-80s. I already added a Wilson +1 extension ($50) and will get a MagPul stock and forend at some point ($120). Altogether I should have about $400 in the gun when I'm finished with it.

If you get an 870 it's definitely better to buy an older used one than a new one. For new manufacture, I'd get the Benelli SuperNova Tactical. They run about $500 on Gunbroker.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I finally found a pawn shop queen Browning Auto-5. Paid $300 and tax. Took years to find it.

For a pump, I'd not even think, just get a Benelli Nova, if the stock fits you, if not get the Super Nova as it's adjustable. There's is no finer pump gun.
    The only shotguns I'll own are Benelli, and the Super Nova I have has been amazing. Definitely second this! I bought it with about 50 rounds through it (if that) for $350 or 375 shipped, I believe it was, from someone on ARFcom. SNT, with GRS and PG.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 10-06-2018 at 02:32 AM.

Is the LOP adjustable on the Supernova or is it only if it has a collapsible stock?

Mossberg 930 Miculek any good?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    My only beef with the Nova is that the stock's LOP is too long and there doesn't appear to be good options for making it shorter. Bigger dudes can get away with the longer LOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is the LOP adjustable on the Supernova or is it only if it has a collapsible stock?
    The Nova's stock and receiver are one unit, while the SuperNova's stock is removable. IF NY law allows a pistol gripped stock on a pump gun, the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock has a short LOP. I have one on my M1Super90.

https://mesatactical.com/search.php?...ection=product
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List