Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi auto 12G

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Nova is ugly but looks like it’d be a great buy. $400.
    I have a Benelli SuperNova pump and have been quite pleased with it, except there aren't a ton of cost-effective aftermarket options. Buy with the barrel you want (18.5" Tactical model for example) because buying new barrels isn't cost effective.

I have a 26" with a long mag tube. It's robuts, reliable, shoots surprisingly well and manages recoil well with the ComfortStock. The magwell is suited for speed reloads and can be "hogged out" if you desire. I think it is an inexpensive step up from the Nova that is well worth it.

Yes I want a tuned-up M2 but I just don't shoot enough 3-gun type events to justify it and haven't adopted SG for home defense. The SuperNova has served me well though.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 10-05-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Few more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I've done similar research quite recently and have come to the conclusion that for $500 you can buy an excellent pump gun, or a semi-auto shotgun that has a good chance of being a real headache.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Having considerable experience with shotguns in practical competitions I would say.

Cheap Self Loader. Stoeger M3000, M3K or any variant that you find in your price limit.
    Not a fan of 1100's, but older ones if you must.
    Hard to find a used Browning Auto5 for under 500 (the real one not the new kid) but the old girls run well at
    any barrel length.

Pumps. Me too! on the Benelli Super Nova! No need to do anything to it but add capacity if you feel that
    is important.

Winchester 1300 (and the Stevens Chinese version) the 320 are good solid performers.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I have a 26" with a long mag tube. It's robuts, reliable, shoots surprisingly well and manages recoil well with the ComfortStock. The magwell is suited for speed reloads and can be "hogged out" if you desire. I think it is an inexpensive step up from the Nova that is well worth it.

Yes I want a tuned-up M2 but I just don't shoot enough 3-gun type events to justify it and haven't adopted SG for home defense. The SuperNova has served me well though.

GuanoLoco,

That's a Nordic Components mag tube you're running, isn't it? If so, *which* one is that? +5? +6? +7? I ask because I have an M2 with a 26-inch barrel (mine is Max-5 camo) and I've been trying to decide which extension to pick up. Yours looks good. Any info is much appreciated, sir.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My only beef with the Nova is that the stock's LOP is too long and there doesn't appear to be good options for making it shorter. Bigger dudes can get away with the longer LOP.
    3/15/2016

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Any opinion on the CZ 712? Don't need it (got a couple 870's) but LGS has one and...you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    GuanoLoco,

That's a Nordic Components mag tube you're running, isn't it? If so, *which* one is that? +5? +6? +7? I ask because I have an M2 with a 26-inch barrel (mine is Max-5 camo) and I've been trying to decide which extension to pick up. Yours looks good. Any info is much appreciated, sir.
    3-gunners will run stupid long extension tubes and it appears to work just fine. I went a little more conservative with the +6, but that was from 2014 and I'm sure there are other options by now. I like that the mag tube extension protects the muzzle.

I was able to dig up a 4 year old order:

Product Quantity Price
    Nordic Components Low-Drag Follower for Nova/Super Nova and Vinci/Super Vinci 12 ga shotguns. (#FOL-VN-12-00)
    1 $18.95

NEW! Nordic Components “MXT” Shotgun Extension Kit, 12ga. (#MXT-BR-6)
    12ga Brands: Benelli Nova/SuperNova, Beretta A400 Xtreme/1301, CZ 712,
    Extension Tube Length: +6 - Adds 14 to 14.4 inches 1 $79.95

Nordic Components Shotgun Barrel Clamp (#BCL-XX-12-00)
    1 $31.95
    Cart Subtotal: $130.85
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 10-05-2018 at 02:28 PM.

I’m a littler dude

I used to run this 28" M1 with a Nordic +9 (12 rounds in the tube). Most guys are running that length now for 3gn because in Practical division you can start 8+1 and then quad-load on the buzzer.

Name:  Benelli 28.jpg
Views: 1913
Size:  65.8 KB

Since my wife and I had our third child and I stopped actively competing, I've sold the M1 and gone to a 21" M2 setup with a +5 (8 rounds in the tube) as an all-around shotgun. Short enough for "tactical" work, but works as a field and clays gun as well. Also, it's worth noting that a Benelli is significantly lighter than an 870 or 500/590, so the weight with the extended mag isn't the same disadvantage.

Name:  M2 -1.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  17.8 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List