Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Semi auto 12G

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Really? Idk why I thought it wasn’t. Thought gen 2 was like $1000 and gen 1 was like $700. Maybe I’ll grab it.
    The Gen 1s were temporarily about $700 when they were on clearance to make way for the Gen2s. In my area the gen 1s for about $899 used.

The Aridus stuff are great upgrades but The only thing a Gen 1 “needs” is the bolt release shroud.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-06-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Still no purchase but I almost did last night.

Is a 21” a good in between length for defense, and for skeet or is 21” too short to not be frustrated? I was thinking maybe 24” but that’s long for defense...I think.
    I shoot skeets in my 20’s with a Benelli M1 with a 21” barrel. Worked great since the length mimic most over under. Only thing you will get is dirty looks from the other shooters as it will get louder.

For home defense, that same Benelli now wears a Nordic extension tube and it is my home defense shotgun. I have a Benelli M2 Tactical with ghost ring. Truth be told, I’d grab theM1 before the M2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally buying hahaha! $800 to spend. I wish I could do more. I’d love an M2 or A400. Can’t afford that. Criteria has changed. I’m going to use this gun for casual clays and once a year bird hunts.

I’ve been told by a big raker that if I can’t go past the 800s, to go with Franchi. Even over an A300.

Thoughts?

Here is a long thread about beginner trap and skeet. The bottom line is a Beretta A300 or Remington 1100.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-amp-Skeet-Gun

I’ll be getting over to some local shops ASAP then.

Local shop has a black a300. $750.

A shop closer to me says he has a Tri-Star coming in in wood and silver. Assuming it’s the Viper G2. Are they in the same league as the A300 and 1100 or are they crap?

Buying the A300 right this second.

User Tag List