Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Semi auto 12G

Oils and Lotions SME
    My experience with the 11-87Ps has been that they can be perfectly serviceable for the vast majority of people. People say they are "maintenance intensive". Yes, the gun needs lube, and there's a cheap o-ring that needs to be replaced annually, if that's a deal breaker, it is. They do struggle if they are put in the trunk or rack of a patrol car or armory and ignored for years on end.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Site Supporter
    I'm not going to quote everyone here, but there is some clarification that needs to be made.

1301 series is based on the A391 Xtrema shotgun operating system, which has been on the market for over 15 years. The gun is very well sorted.

1301 Tac has a 3" short receiver, and will continue to have one for the forseeable future. With that receiver and judicious stock choice, you can achieve nearly SBS size with a full length barrel.

1301 Comp has a 3.5" long receiver, and will continue to have one for the forseeable future. The barrel however is also chambered in 3" rather than 3.5". This is to allow for easier manipulations of shells in competition use.

The Comp retains the first gen bolt release for the time being, although I have requested that we implement the Gen 2 Tac bolt release in that. For now, if you are concerned about shell dumping in competition, you can use one of these: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...d-kit/eu00074/ (made available with thanks to Tom Jones).
    Last edited by e_stern; 11-06-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    I'm not going to quote everyone here, but there is some clarification that needs to be made.

1301 series is based on the A391 Xtrema shotgun operating system, which has been on the market for over 15 years. The gun is very well sorted.

1301 Tac has a 3" short receiver, and will continue to have one for the forseeable future. With that receiver and judicious stock choice, you can achieve nearly SBS size with a full length barrel.

1301 Comp has a 3.5" long receiver, and will continue to have one for the forseeable future. The barrel however is also chambered in 3" rather than 3.5". This is to allow for easier manipulations of shells in competition use.

The Comp retains the first gen bolt release for the time being, although I have requested that we implement the Gen 2 Tac bolt release in that. For now, if you are concerned about shell dumping in competition, you can use one of these: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...d-kit/eu00074/ (made available with thanks to Tom Jones).

Thank you for your input, it's much appreciated.

Can the Gen 2 Tac bolt release be purchased and fit into the current Comp models? I really like the new one piece design (metal and smaller) in the current Gen 2 Tac but want a 21" Comp for a "do-it-all" shotgun.
    Last edited by StraitR; 11-13-2018 at 09:25 PM.

I've been watching this one for a week. I already have one and I'm still tempted to buy it (21" Benelli M2 with race bolt-ons + all original parts for $1025). I don't know the seller, just sharing the deal:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipmen...d/162-1818547/
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Thank you for your input, it's much appreciated.

Can the Gen 2 Tac bolt release be purchased and fit into the current Comp models? I really like the new one piece design (metal and smaller) in the current Gen 2 Tac but want a 21" Comp for a "do-it-all" shotgun.
    Not yet.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

@e_stern Thanks for the clarification. I'll likely hold off and see what the next revision brings.

Still no purchase but I almost did last night.

Is a 21” a good in between length for defense, and for skeet or is 21” too short to not be frustrated? I was thinking maybe 24” but that’s long for defense...I think.

Local shop has a gen 1 1301T for $800 OTD

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Local shop has a gen 1 1301T for $800 OTD
    That is a great price.

Really? Idk why I thought it wasn’t. Thought gen 2 was like $1000 and gen 1 was like $700. Maybe I’ll grab it.

User Tag List