Thread: I am INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm TOMJ-A
    FIFY, and the mods here are shit!

INTP and engineer myself.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

INTJ here

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    MBTI is puffery that management/business likes to tout, but AFAIK, is generally seen as almost a pseudoscience by those in psychology (which to an engineering major, is mildly amusing).
    I'm no psychology major, but I've always thought so too. And even if it were legit, it seems like it's possible to change your classification. I believe I certainly have.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

My wife, who has an advanced degree in industrial psychology, has taught me how to game M-B to produce whatever result will be most appealing for a given application. Neither she nor I are particularly smart, so I've always assumed that a person's results are what they want themselves to be seen as, rather than what they really are.

In other words, your astrological archetype is as valid and interesting as your MBTI portrait.

INTJ here.

INTP it would seem
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

INTJ

I shoot doors with 8+/- .5 lb yellow pine 2X4s at 55 FPS.

Actually I do lots more stuff but everyone seems to think that is the cool thing. (It is, the first dozen times you do/see it)

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Saur View Post
    Agreeableness: 26%
    - Compassion: 36%
    - Politeness: 21%

Conscientiousness: 20%
    - Industriousness: 56%
    - Orderliness: 5%

Extraversion: 57%
    - Enthusiasm: 59%
    - Assertiveness: 52%

Neuroticism: 2%
    - Withdrawal: 4%
    - Volatility: 3%

Openness to Experience: 68%
    - Intellect: 54%
    - Openness: 75%
    Is there a good online tool for measuring this you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    My wife, who has an advanced degree in industrial psychology, has taught me how to game M-B to produce whatever result will be most appealing for a given application.
    It's not that hard to game the MMPI, the M-B is child's play.

The accuracy of those "tests" has never impressed me much.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    My wife, who has an advanced degree in industrial psychology, has taught me how to game M-B to produce whatever result will be most appealing for a given application. Neither she nor I are particularly smart, so I've always assumed that a person's results are what they want themselves to be seen as, rather than what they really are.

In other words, your astrological archetype is as valid and interesting as your MBTI portrait.
    The first (and only time) I took the test was in the late 1980s. Before then, I had never heard of it. I figured out the introvert and extrovert questions, but I answered all the other ones truthfully in an honest quest to discover myself. I turned out to be an ISTJ, and the person giving the class said that I'd be good in law enforcement. At the time, I was in my late 20s, and for better or worse, had already invested eight years of college getting an advanced degree in engineering and had no interest in doing something else.

I took that test for an odd reason. As I said, I was in my late 20s, and was a year or two into my career. My company offered a program management class, and I thought that it would be a good class to help my career and learn some leadership skills. But instead of program management, we spent the entire class going over that silly test. At the beginning of the class, I thought it might eventually lead to learning how to effectively interact and manage the different personality types, but we never go close to that. Turned out to be a waste of time.

User Tag List