Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I am INTP

ENTP. An extrovert who doesnt like people
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Hammertime
    @Yung graciously gave me a voucher for the Peterson Big Five here are the results:

Agreeableness: Moderately Low 35%
    -Compassion: Low 21%
    -Politeness: Typical or Average 58%

Conscientiousness: Very High 90%
    -Industriousness: Very High 92%
    -Orderliness: High 80%

Extraversion: Moderately Low 25%
    -Enthusiasm: Very Low 6%
    -Assertiveness: Moderately High 63%

Neuroticism: Very Low 10%
    -Withdrawal: Very Low 4%
    -Volatility: Moderately Low 25%

Openness to Experience: Exceptionally Low 0%
    -Intellect: Low 18%
    -Openness: Exceptionally Low 0%

I would say I describes me accurately except the openness thing. Wife agrees. I don’t know what happened with those questions but I am pretty intellectually curious in general, but have zero creativity.

Hammertime
    Since we are on this, my wife has recently studied the Eneagram. Yet another way of trying to classify the wonderful diversity of human personality.

Strong 5: Investigator here.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Since we are on this, my wife has recently studied the Eneagram. Yet another way of trying to classify the wonderful diversity of human personality.

Strong 5: Investigator here.
    I’m a counter phobic 6. My brother studied the enneagram thing extensively when he was in graduate school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    FWIW, I found the profile from the DISC to be more useful in understanding myself. I am an off-the-scale "C."
    DSC. "Oh, you have three, that means you'll be more successful!"
    "You really don't know much about me, do you?"
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    @Yung graciously gave me a voucher for the Peterson Big Five here are the results:

Agreeableness: Moderately Low 35%
    -Compassion: Low 21%
    -Politeness: Typical or Average 58%

Conscientiousness: Very High 90%
    -Industriousness: Very High 92%
    -Orderliness: High 80%

Extraversion: Moderately Low 25%
    -Enthusiasm: Very Low 6%
    -Assertiveness: Moderately High 63%

Neuroticism: Very Low 10%
    -Withdrawal: Very Low 4%
    -Volatility: Moderately Low 25%

Openness to Experience: Exceptionally Low 0%
    -Intellect: Low 18%
    -Openness: Exceptionally Low 0%

I would say I describes me accurately except the openness thing. Wife agrees. I don’t know what happened with those questions but I am pretty intellectually curious in general, but have zero creativity.
    Is that all they said? That seems pretty unsatisfying. If you had paid money out of pocket for this, would you have felt like you got your money's worth?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Is that all they said? That seems pretty unsatisfying. If you had paid money out of pocket for this, would you have felt like you got your money's worth?
    No, it gives you more information on each trait and aspect relative to your score. Print preview from reader gives me an estimated 36-46min read time at 22 pages. I found it worthwhile. I was surprised with how low my agreeableness came out. I would've said I was much more agreeable, but after reading through the material on enthusiasm, neuroticism, and openness, it makes sense. I also noticed how my scores overlay with liberarians according to Jonathan Haidts' work... though I'm a much more enthusiastic =P

Some examples w/ my scores: a low aspect, an average trait, and a high aspect:

Agreeableness: 26%
    - Compassion: 36%
    - Politeness: 21%

Conscientiousness: 20%
    - Industriousness: 56%
    - Orderliness: 5%
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderliness
    You are very low in orderliness, which is one aspect of conscientiousness. Your score puts you at the 5th percentile for orderliness. If you were one of 100 people in a room, you would be less orderly than 94 of them and more orderly than 5 of them.

People very low in orderliness are not at all disturbed, upset or disgusted by mess, disorder and chaos. They just don’t notice such things (or, if they do, they don’t at all care). They see the world in shades of grey, not in black and white, and are extremely non-judgmental and devil-may-care in their attitudes toward themselves and others. They never use and positively dislike schedules, list, or routines and, even if they plan, almost never implement those plans, preferring to take things as they come, and letting chance determine the outcome. They are not at all oriented toward detail and very rarely abide by rules or procedures.

People who are very low in orderliness cannot tolerate or establish any routine or predictability. Their schedules are extremely loose, their time completely unscheduled, and disruption doesn’t bother them in the least. They require constant reminder and supervision to maintain attention and focus, and are continually distracted and off task. They can, however, tolerate the mess, disruption and intervening periods of chaos that may accompany creative endeavour.

Those who are who are very low in orderliness are remarkably much less likely to be political conservatives. Orderliness is the second-best predictor of conservatism, after openness to experience.

Women are more orderly than men. The mean percentile for women in a general population (women and men) is 54.5. For men it is 45.5. This may account for some of the trouble in relation to housework between women and men. Since women are, on average, more orderly, household disorder will trigger disgust and discomfort in them faster. This may happen with sufficient frequency so they end up doing a disproportionate share of such work (even though if they waited a bit longer their less orderly partners, often men, might end up equally troubled and motivated to fix the problem). Orderly people are more likely to have items such as event calendars, drawer organizers, laundry baskets, irons and ironing boards in their immediate environments.
    Extraversion: 57%
    - Enthusiasm: 59%
    - Assertiveness: 52%
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraversion

You are average in extraversion, which is the primary dimension of positive emotion in the Big Five personality trait scientific model. Extraversion is a measure of general sensitivity to positive emotions such as hope, joy, anticipation and approach, particularly in social situations.

Your score puts you at the 57th percentile for extraversion. If you were one of 100 people in a room, you would be more extraverted than 57 of them and less extraverted than 42 of them.

People with average levels of extraversion are not overly enthusiastic, talkative, assertive in social situations, or gregarious. They enjoy social contact, but are also happy spending time alone. They will plan parties occasionally, and make people laugh, but are often willing to let others take the lead in organizing social situations and entertaining. They have a balanced view of the past and the future, neither over-emphasizing nor dismissing the positive.

People with average levels of extraversion strike a good balance between privacy and self-disclosure. They can keep quiet, when necessary, and are unlikely to blurt out information that might be better kept to themselves. They will express their viewpoint in meetings, but are typically not the first to do so. They are not generally known as talkative. At times, they can be captivating and convincing, but are not so on a habitual basis. They are not often the first to act in ambiguous situations.

People with average levels of extraversion can fit well into a range of jobs. They are sociable enough to engage in jobs involving sales, persuasion, work in groups and public speaking (particularly if they are low in neuroticism), although they may sometimes find the continual public exposure fatiguing. However, they can also adapt themselves to occupations that require a lot of isolated work (such as computer programming or accounting), as long as they also take time for socializing.

People with average levels of extraversion are not particularly impulsive, even when the opportunity to have fun in social situations beckons. They strike a balance between seeking fulfilment in the present and paying attention to the possibilities of the future. They don’t find it difficult to be alone to study or work. They are less distracted than the very extraverted by opportunities to chat, joke and socialize, unless they are very low in conscientiousness. When individuals are extraverted and conscientious, they are more productive than if they are introverted and conscientious. However, when they are introverted and unconscientious, they are more productive than they are when they are extroverted and unconscientious.

People of average extraversion do not tend to dominate social situations, unless they are very low in agreeableness. Less agreeable extraverts tend to be self-centered – something that can be made worse if they are also low in conscientiousness.

Those who are politically liberal are slightly less extraverted than conservatives.

Women are slightly more extraverted than men. The mean percentile for women in a general population (women and men) is 52. For men it is 48.

Extraversion has two aspects: Enthusiasm and Assertiveness.

Neuroticism: 2%
    - Withdrawal: 4%
    - Volatility: 3%

Openness to Experience: 68%
    - Intellect: 54%
    - Openness: 75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Openness
    You are moderately high in openness, which is one aspect of openness to experience. Your puts you at the 75th percentile for openness. If you were one of 100 people in a room, you would be higher in openness than 75 of them and lower in openness than 24 of them.

The closest synonym for openness (rather than openness to experience, which encompasses openness and intellect) is creativity. Moderately open, creative people find beauty important. Without an outlet for their creative ability they may have some difficulty thriving. They like art or beautiful crafts. They are more sensitive to color and architectural form. They often enjoy collecting. They are comparatively imaginative, and may daydream and reflect on many things. They tend to enjoy music, perhaps of more than one genre, and may be somewhat musical or artistic themselves (both of these are rare in the general population). They can find themselves immersed in a book, or a movie, or in their own thoughts, and become somewhat oblivious to the outside world. They respond well to beauty, creativity and art.

Moderately open, creative people tend not to be impractical or flighty, however, despite their creative openness (unless they are particularly low in conscientiousness). At least moderate levels of openness appear necessary for entrepreneurial success, and prove comparatively useful at the top of hierarchies, even in very conservative occupations such as banking, accounting and law, which need creative people in leadership positions to provide new vision and direction.

Liberals are higher in openness than conservatives (although the biggest difference between the two is openness to experience, at the trait level).

Women are higher in openness than men. The mean percentile for women in a general population (women and men) is 56.5. For men it is 44.5.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    See post below. It is much more detailed. Pages and pages of detailed explanation.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    ENTP. An extrovert who doesnt like people
    Yes. ENTP also.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Be careful not to rely too heavily on the results of such surveys. The input (and the results) can vary based on temporary and/or environmental factors; and many exhibit an evolving profile over time.

I'm no expert, but I do have a degree in psychology and I've undergone professional training to interpret results for a few survey formats.

User Tag List